Array
    Status
    Alberta canada
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Pajero
    Engine

4D56-T

4d56t in a ranger, salvaging '85 ranger 2.3 parts

Hey all, I've been dreaming of the 4d56t Ranger and gotten underway buying (actually trading for pump re-seal) an incomplete '85 ranger 4d55 2wd. Unfortunately, I can't keep it as I'm moving and will be doing the build down the road.

it's missing the head, accessory drive bits save for steering pump and alternator, the cluster, and more but I've grabbed the oil pan and pick-up, motor mounts, bell-housing, rad, wiring, engine bay business, fuel lift pump (did any others with this diesel have the epump - I know the vane in the VE is usually sufficient?), clutch slave, pedal bracket, etc. etc.

Does anyone in the know have advice on pieces I should be looking for? Do i want the fly-wheel and clutch? Bellhousing mounting plate? I've got limited time to work on it before it's off to the junk yard.

The 4d56 in my delica is destined to mate to the fm145 for a 4wd build and I've read that the block on the 4d56 isn't threaded for the ford 4d55 mountings. I'd love to find someone doing/having done this or a similar project. There's a guy who put the 4d55 in a newer ranger who did a build thread but I've yet to find one using the 4d56. Any insights or resources would be greatly appreciated.
    Vern

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    FYI if for some reason your post does not show up. Just leave us a message in the chat box. It's because your new and the system sent your post to moderation. But after 7 posts or so it will stop looking at you.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Vern your link is not working. Check with Uncle Spence he just put a diesel in his gas truck last year.