Array
    Status
    New Bern, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

2.6 engine options

So I've been procrastinating on my 86 for awhile. I may start the project soon. I was going to swap in the 4d55 but that's a ton of work so I figure fix the original engine. It's got a 2.6 I bought with a spun rod bearing. After sitting a few years now it's locked up. I'd really rather not buy a Reman engine for $2200 but it's looking like there's no rods and crankshaft available. Anyone know of any options?

Array
    Status
    Cataula , GA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Other
    I 've got a 2.6 that needs a head, but the bottom end is good. want it? you gotta come get it though.

Array
    Status
    New Bern, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I've been debating over what to do with the truck. I really don't want to drive to GA lol and I found a few running local trucks for under $1000 I could yank the engine but at that point if it runs why not just drive that one. Found a 2nd gen king cab 5 speed 4x4 2.6 for $1400. My truck has been sitting almost 5 years.I know it won't be just am engine swap

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    If you can find the same chassis and model as your truck, you'll have a ton of spares to work with. And it'll give you the option of cobbling a running truck together or selling off what you don't need a later date to further fund your own truck.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    New Bern, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    My truck is a 86. It's got 26k original miles and it's in great shape. Only has one tiny rust hole in the bed the size of a dime. I can't find any other first gen trucks for sale in my area. I could drop 2k on a new engine and probably another 500 on a fuel system repairs due to sitting but with none for sale I don't have a price point to know if it's worth saving. It's very unique because it's probably the lowest mileage 1st gen d50 I existence. I'm finding engine internals. Specifically the crankshaft for sale now. Rockauto even lists a crank but one is FWD other has no description. I know fwd block is different are internals interchangeable?
    Last edited by recian; 09-09-2018 at 07:01 AM.