Thread: New to the forum

Hybrid View

Array
    Status
    NC
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50

New to the forum

Nice forum...glad its here....I Just purchased a 1987 Dodge Ram 50 4x4 with power steering and air. Zero rust and orig. paint (two tone silver) It has 170,000 and the owner had all maintenace records up to 160,000 including oil changes. I purchased it not running and seems to be a great truck but it does not run unless starting fluid was used. The fuel pump was bad and then stuck when it was being removed. Found the intake rocker broken at the air jet? Does anyone have one of these? Is this common for them to break?
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Welcome to the site, and NICE truck. It is becoming more common to see the rocker arms breaking right there, find a new(/used) one and you should be fine. Do you have a 2.0l(g63b) or 2.6l(g54b)? If you don't know there is a silver plate on the firewall that will tell you or look at the timing belt/chain cover on the front of the motor. If its a plastic cover its a 2.0, if its metal its a 2.6. Fuel pump should be too hard to replace, its mechanical and on the intake side of the head.

Array
    Status
    NC
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Thank you...I have the G54B 2.6.....I cant wait to get it running since I just purchased it. The truck is very clean inside also. I am somewhat suprised to find it so clean. The owner kept it inside. I have an old astro van thats going to get replaced by this truck. Im betting the carb is shot or somewhat non functional. If its good thats a plus. Ran great on starter fluid but the truck sat two years before I got it. Pump is off and a new part is here. Cleaning the gas tank now and getting a rocker soon.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    If the rocker is only broke for the Jet valve and you got the broken part, then you should have no problen with running the truck until you get one, unless the valve is stuck down. Welcome to the forum!
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Welcome aboard.
    Here is a post that might help you on the broken rocker.
    http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...ghlight=rocker
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com