Status
    Concord, California
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

New to the forum

Greetings all:

I found this forum recently and decided to join. I have been the proud owner of a 1980 D-50 Sport since 1986. Mine is original yellow with 2.6L and 5-speed manual. A great little truck for many years until it failed California smog back in 2011. Definitely needs a carburetor rebuild and some freshening up after 177,000 miles. Started taking apart the engine back in 2011, but it has now been sitting partially disassembled since then. Not sure what to do with it now. Anybody else have one of these?

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    I have an 81. Not very original
    Post some pics!

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. This is one of the issues with living in Cali - the smog checks. They can fail you on an inspection for something really trivial but most of the time it's due to emissions. What did they pull you up on? Most new members who are Cali based join so they can figure out how to get their trucks to pass testing.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Siskiyou County, CA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Nice truck! I had a 79' 2wd I bought for parts but had to scrap it. It had the 2.6 in it but was one of the early style heads probably like yours. I tried to save as many parts as I could before it was sent in for scrap, unfortunately I didn't get to save the stock carb off it or I could have sent it to you for parts. I happen to live in one of I think 3 counties that only requires smog upon ownership change but if I remember right there is a clause in the smog requirements for vehicles that don't have smog parts available for them anymore, may be worth looking into if there is something on those older carbs that is NLA? I don't know what exactly your truck needs for smog but i thought I would mention it in case it helps you or others. Did they give you any stats on what your truck was polluting too much of? How torn down is your engine? Hope you are able to get your truck back on the road soon!

Array
    Status
    Cataula , GA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Other
    I've got a couple spare 79-80 carbs if you need them.

Array
    Status
    Concord, California
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Thank you for the replies. I would like to advertise in the for sale section. How much do I need to donate?

Array
    Status
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle

1980 Plymouth Arrow Truck
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Quote Originally Posted by kmaniac View Post
    Thank you for the replies. I would like to advertise in the for sale section. How much do I need to donate?
    I think it's $10 but if you donate $15 you get decals or something...