Hello all, Im new to the forum.
I recently picked up a 87 Ram 50 4x4 M/T with the 2.6L engine. It has approx. 250k miles on it.

Problem is: The engine starts up fine when cold, but after its warmed up, (a drive around the block), the engine dies. When I give it throttle to tryn keep it going, it bogs down, wont increase rpms, and finally quits.
It doesnt want to start up again until it has cooled down, (after an hour or so).

Previous to having this issue I did replace the timing/oil pump chains and guides. (Because 2 of the chain guides were broken). I took great care to make sure I didnt upset the timing, but I guess I cant totally rule that out?
I did a compression test and did discover that I have 100psi on 3 cylinders, and only 55psi on the 4th. I tested that cylinder wet and it did jump to about 80psi.
I know the previous owner, and the truck did run ok before all this, (although it did run a bit rough and did have a decent exhaust leak).
I noticed that there is no cat/o2 sensor on the truck, but the previous owner had been driving it like that for years.
After replacing the timing/oil pump chains, etc. I finally got it to start by spraying carb cleaner down the carb and into any oriface I could get to?
I understand this is a feedback carb, which worry's me, as It complicates trying to diagnose.
Any help would certainly be appreciated.