Array
    Status
    Tallahassee, FL
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

adding bluetooth

Just starting a new stereo project in my gen1 Ram 50. I really like the look of the OG radio, but in town I get exactly one station, and while throwback R&B is pretty great I need a little more variation. I've decided instead of replacing the radio with a whole other thing, I'll keep it (mostly) factory and just add a separate system. I'll throw some speakers in the door panels and wire them to the bluetooth receiver/amplifier I bought on ebay, it even has an AUX plug. Its a little guy so I just made a wood bit to put where my ash tray was. Here's some photos. I'm planning on hooking the power into either the cigarette lighter or the factory radio and run speaker wires through the dash into the doors. Since it's an amp and receiver all in one unit I think i'm good.

IMG_5177.HEIC.jpegIMG_5175.HEIC.jpeg

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    That's a pretty cool audio mod. So it's just bluetooth? You could even mess around with a PC printer and make a bezel decal for it to make it look OEM/vintage or even wrap it in brushed stainless steel finish film to make it match the dash bezel (the woodgrain is still a win though)

*I used the same solid state auto shifter in my Colt project - nice
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Tallahassee, FL
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    thanks Geezer,
    I teach in the Art dept. at FSU and have access to a 3d printer and laser cutter, so after the covid shut down ends I might actually go in and print or cut something to look a little more at home in the dash.
    (i'm also planning on cutting some vinyl and printing a new dome light so i'll deff upload those projects)

Array
    Status
    FL
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Anyone ever try something like this
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    FL
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Sorry to bring an old thread back to life I just got an oem am/fm radio for my truck single din and was wondering if anyone has used something like the above pic to plug in where the cassette player would be to give them a Bluetooth option. I came across it and I was like hey maybe that will work.

Array
    Status
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Replied to your other post about this to recommend a hardwired FM modulator with Bluetooth, but since you mentioned having a cassette player here, there's also dummy cassettes with Bluetooth built-in, so your phone would transmit a BT signal to the cassette adapter, which would then feed the audio signal right into the tape head just like playing a real cassette tape.
    1987 Dodge Ram 50 4G54 RWD longbed ("Elmo")
    1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Lola")
    1982 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Luigi")