Status
    Smithsburg, MD
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaco View Post
    Nice job with that.
    Do you know what year that stereo is from? looks a little more modern than late 80's
    No I do not - its PN is

Part # MB920289
    Model: RX-335Z
    Door#: M560

and that is all I know other than it was plug and play in the Mighty max/Ram 50

Edit:

looks like it came out of the 91-93 stealth

Array
    Status
    FL
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Still have it?

Array
    Status
    FL
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Would you sell them by any chance.

Array
    Status
    FL
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Anyone have a stock radio for sale

Array
    Status
    FL
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    I’m looking to buy a radio like this

Quote Originally Posted by StarquestMan View Post
    Finally my dang phone is working!

The next radio was used from 88' to 89' and is much much more common than the last one (at least it seems this way to me lol).

This radio seems to preform much better than the previous model with better sensitivity and selectivity thanks to its digitally controlled tuner vs the older slug tuned tuner, In fact it seems to pull in stations better than most aftermarket tuners I've used. It also eliminates the drift that the old unit had since its presets are digitally stored instead of mechanically, plus it has 5 presets per band. It also sounds better than the older unit with separate bass and treble controls plus a loudness button for bass and treble boost at higher volumes. One weak point about this radio is the seek function, it only seems to grab extremely strong stations. I have 2 or 3 of these radios and they all had problems with the small potentiometers for bass/treble and fader/balance. The small wipers inside would become detached from the plastic wheel inside of them causing all sorts of sound problems with the radio. It took some very patient micro surgery to repair but i was able to take the radios and make one good working unit that works and sounds great. Also note the plastic plug on the front of the unit, this is where the fader control would go for 4 speaker trucks.

The tape player is the same between the two radios and since I only have one tape player I just switch it out between the two units. The tape deck sounds good and has Dolby noise reduction and a metal tape EQ. I had to replace 2 or 3 belts inside and while i was inside i completely disassembled the tape mechanism and lubed all moving parts with a bit of multi-purpose grease and it functions perfectly. I also touched up the motor speed control since it tends to drift over time.

Array
    Status
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Last edited by FMS88; 11-09-2023 at 08:57 PM.

Array
    Status
    FL
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    I saw those still looking for the exact one in the ram 50

Array
    Status
    FL
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Has anyone tried to add Bluetooth to the stock radio using an adapter like this with the stock plug in the back?
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    tucson az
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G61
    thats only for a alpine radio.. that needs to be plugged into the back of the unit.. I dont think there is anything that will work with a stock 80s or 90s radio.. only way to get bluetooth is to upgrade to a new radio. sorry.

Array
    Status
    North Dakota
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    You could use those Bluetooth adapters that plug into a power port and it broadcasts a radio signal, then you just tune your radio to that frequency.
    Here is an example of one.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Better yet, get a hardwired FM modulator with Bluetooth, which plugs directly into the antenna port in the radio head unit, then your stock antenna cable plugs into the modulator. The modulator taps the output signal from the Bluetooth directly into the physical antenna circuit at one of (usually) two selectable frequencies on the radio dial; here's an eBay search for them:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...m+modulator%22

There's also similar, older-style FM modulators without Bluetooth, just an aux-in jack; these were commonly used to tap aftermarket CD changers into stock factory radios back in the day. IMO these would be preferable if your audio source (e.g. phone) has an aux-out/line-out or headphone jack. Anywhere you can eliminate a wireless signal in favor of a hardwired connection for audio, the better.
    Attached Images
    1987 Dodge Ram 50 4G54 RWD longbed ("Elmo")
    1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Lola")
    1982 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Luigi")

Array
    Status
    Siskiyou County, CA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I just spotted these new posts on the thread i had started and thought i should mention that there are different plugs on the back of the radios depending on who made the radio. the mitsubishi ones had a 7 pin din and the american made ones had an 8 pin din. i think accustar or something was the name of the ones used in DSM cars, they look similar to the mitsubishi ones on the face but but with black knobs and buttons and are very different internally. I think, if memory serves me that the alpine radios shared that same connector but are wired differently. i would not connect an alpine changer or Bluetooth without verifying the pinout first!

Array
    Status
    FL
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by SubGothius View Post
    Better yet, get a hardwired FM modulator with Bluetooth, which plugs directly into the antenna port in the radio head unit, then your stock antenna cable plugs into the modulator. The modulator taps the output signal from the Bluetooth directly into the physical antenna circuit at one of (usually) two selectable frequencies on the radio dial; here's an eBay search for them:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...m+modulator%22

There's also similar, older-style FM modulators without Bluetooth, just an aux-in jack; these were commonly used to tap aftermarket CD changers into stock factory radios back in the day. IMO these would be preferable if your audio source (e.g. phone) has an aux-out/line-out or headphone jack. Anywhere you can eliminate a wireless signal in favor of a hardwired connection for audio, the better.
    never seen these wired in options have you used on on a mighty max radio.

Array
    Status
    Siskiyou County, CA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    those will work on any FM car radio with a standard Motorola type antenna connector (the kind used on just about every car radio since the dawn of time including our 80s and 90s Mitsubishis). They connect between the antenna and the radio and simulate a radio station. you just turn it on and tune to the station you set it to and you have FM stereo reception of your auxiliary or Bluetooth music. if you have ever used an older tv to play a video game its like the box that connects between your console and the tv. I have never personally tried one for myself but im sure it would work fine. another option would be to get a right angled din cable, a switch, and a 3.5 mm aux cable and make a cable to "trick" the radio into thinking it is playing a tape by opening the two pins on the back of the radio to put the radio into aux mode. This would give the best sound from a stock radio but requires making a custom cable.

Array
    Status
    Siskiyou County, CA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    oh yea and they even have rechargeable Bluetooth cassette tapes now! you just pair one with your phone and you can use them to play music or make calls with the little microphone/button that comes out the front. I bought a couple of them for my vehicles and they seem to work pretty well! i think they were only 8-10 bucks each. there are tons of ways now to get music through these stock radios.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12