Array
    Status
    Siskiyou County, CA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Factory Radios for 87-89 Ram 50/Mighty Max

I thought I would share some pictures of some of my stock radios I have since I finally found an 87' only push button unit and there isn't much info or pictures of them online. I thought it might be good to sorta document these radios since they are part of the history of these trucks and they do sound fairly good for what they are.

This is a one year only push button style AM/FM with optional cassette. It is a front speaker only unit since rear speakers were optional but they did have a nearly identical unit with a fader control ring knob outside the tuning knob for 4 speaker trucks. This radio has 2 AM presets and 3 for FM. The way you switch between bands is by using these preset buttons. The presets are set like most push button radios where you pull the button out then tune the radio to the station you want to save and push the button all the way in to lock in the station. The radio i have seems a bit hit and miss as to whether or not the preset buttons will actually tune right to the saved station probably due to wear and Im not sure that the mechanism was very precise to begin with. There is also a small adjustment screw to peak the antenna on the front right next to the far right preset button.

Will post more as soon as I can get my phone to send pictures of the 88-89 style radio :/
    Attached Images
    Last edited by SubGothius; 11-06-2023 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Fixed image display