Array
    Status
    Thonotosassa fl
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G63

Clutch questions

My clutch was completely smoked came out in pieces I'm positive I installed the correct clutch and i hooked everything back up and the clutch pedal just goes to the floor with minimal engagement what am I lookin at here clutch cable? I've read about spacers and buying a new cable it worked fine before I changed the clutch tips and tricks please thank you

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Not sure if this is relevant to you but recently I refitted a cable to my Gen 1 and it was on it's last bit of adjustment, so I scrounged up an old castle nut from a ball joint I'd replaced and used it as a spacer on the gearbox end of the cable sleeve. It gave me an extra 1" of adjustment to work with. There is an issue with replacing clutches - there are 2 types of throw out bearings with 1/4" difference in throw. Enough to nerf your clutch. A few members have run into this situation... if you have the old bearing, use it as a reference (not sure how the 2 types of throw out bearings come into play, might be a kit meant for certain year models or different model of vehicle)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function