Thread: New owner of a 1985 Dodge Ram 50!!

Array
    Status
    Orlando Fl
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

New owner of a 1985 Dodge Ram 50!!

I just picked up a 85 Dodge Ram 50 5 speed for steal she runs like a champ but the exterior is not to good just want to pick up a couple pointers on what I can do for interior where to get seats or rails for seats. I just dropped her off at the body shop for a full overhaul on the outside! And if anyone knows what can I use to change the steering wheel it is horrible!

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    Any bosskit for old mitsubishis will work. I like the 3 spoke one in mine. Factory

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Literally any bucket/sports seats you like the look of will go in. Seat rails are easy to fabricate but if you know a guy with a welder it'll help (you will need to weld mounting brackets onto you seat frame rails) Steel square tube will suffice. One member used the leather seats from a full size Ram truck, another a pair of funky seats from a Polaris ATV. I've a pair of sports seats from a Peugeot 306xsi lined up with the matching seat belt retractors - keep this in mind as it will save you assing around with belts and floor anchors. As for steering wheels tortron is on course. Factor in how far from the column you want your wheel protruding (wheel boss and wheel offset combined) Too close to the column and your fingers might be hitting the wiper/indicator levers - too far and it'll be uncomfortable to have your arms tucked in while driving.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Orlando Fl
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Perfect thanks guys! Do you know what the bore for the center caps are I can’t find any information on them ?!

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    Centre caps for the wheels (the ones with tyres on them, not steering wheels) are 11cm in diameter

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    or 108 mm / 4.25"
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980