Thread: 91 Mighty Max build...BAG THAT S#^$

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8
    looks good man...did you triangulate those off the truck? just wondering.. great pics and explanation of everything. keep up the good work.

Array
    Status
    Chesterton, IN
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    i mocked them up on the truck but will weld them up off the truck..they are not welded yet....ill make the brackets off the arms after they are mounted to the truck...I had them tacked together with the "tool" on and cycled them to see if they moved smooth, they were right on....Im kicking around making some uppers myself, using 1/8 inch plate and making box style with a uniball...im gonna make them after the truck is on the road..that will throw me off on my time if i tackle it now....

Array
    Status
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    thanks for the pics and explination of them more. The lower arms look good, and that extra bit you cut off the arm where the bag plate goes makes it look alot better to me, Adds that extra touch.

Array
    Status
    Chesterton, IN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    just dropping in for a small update...I have sand blasting the brake calipers, brackets, hubs....bla bla..trying to get all that cleaned up some..I have also been doing research on re doing the brake system...im waiting on dome damn round tube caps to come in so i can finish the lower control arms....

Array
    Status
    Chesterton, IN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    got some time in tonight....
    started bad..welder was spuddering..i cleaned the liner and bam...back to normal

my round tube caps have not arrived so i said screw it and made my own flat caps...

welded it up

added the arm to the lowers, need to gusset still..

filled a few spots...NOW YOU SEE IT>>

now you dont...

also welded some fish plates to the pie cut uppers..

Im hoping to get the gussets on the lowers done and the brackets for the bar ends on the lowers done tomorrow night, might not get them welded on but will make them....sunday im planning on welding them up and getting the upper bag plates welded in....lets see what happens...

Array
    Status
    Chesterton, IN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    finished the lowers today...ran out of plasma consumables...so i cant make the frame mount brackets..might try to cut out with the grinders tomorrow....here are a few pics...

Array
    Status
    Chesterton, IN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    got the lowers brackets made and welded in, also welded in the upper bag plate....I srill need to add gussets and shocks, then ill be finished for the most part on the front end.....hope to get some more done this 4 day weekend...wait its xmas...bla

Array
    Status
    Chesterton, IN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    some more work pics here....
    now the drivers side is pretty much done..just have to do some grinding here and there..basic clean up...

Array
    Status
    Bloomington, MN
    Vehicle

Looks good very nice front setup

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Very nice, you do some pretty clean work. I like the gussets, I need to get myself a plasma too, that would be awesome.

Array
    Status
    Chesterton, IN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    it makes all the difference...This is the 4th truck ive done this to and the first with a plasma......much better...I use them at work everyday but never on a project.

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

Even though I'm not a fan a bagged trucks, the work going into your truck is pretty nice. I've been following along very quietly. The work seems to be well thought out, the quality of the work seems to be very good. I'll continue to follow along.

Array
    Status
    Chesterton, IN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    thanks a lot...trust me when i say no planning..im kicking it as i go...lol...im no stranger to bagged truck or metal work but i am to bagging a mighty max...

I got the driver inner fender cut out enough to lay down and no tires rubbing, i finished the passenger side fab and welding...no pics, looks like the drivers...lol...tomorrow im gonna cut the pass inner and start relocating wires and what not.....
    what do ya ll think of this color powder coat for the spindles and the control arms...its silver vein and candy blue...the calipers and brackets will be in a mirror yellow with a metallic clear...

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T
    Looking good man.

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

Now you just elevated your status. Like the color, and the thought behind it. Allways my biggest complaint of alot of bagged trucks is when people don't do the finish work.

How many times I've seen the fab left raw with rusty fingerprints and seams. Pinch welds hammered flat with golf balf sized hammer marks everywhere near the pinch. Inner fenders cut out with jagged edges, along with the bed, need a tetanitious shot just to go near the truck. Wiring left dangling and loose.

Glad to see that this truck will not be the victim of such carelessness

Array
    Status
    Chesterton, IN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    the truck will be far from finished when its on the road BUT it wont looked hacked...Im doing this in stages...since im on the suspension im gonna finish it out...I am a sheetmetal worker but have a small side powdercoating business called POWDER EFFECTZ so i cant leave the stuff looking like arse...I think almost everyone plans on finishing it off but the cost involved in just the fab work between all the grinding disks, cut off disks, welding gas and wire, the damn tools...it adds up then add the cost of GOOD coating or paint, the budget is blown before coating...im lucky to have a very nice pro setup and nice size oven and the talent to do this..plus im a person that refuses to have crap...
    thanks again for the positive comments...

Array
    Status
    Chesterton, IN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    well no pics, nothing much to see right now, i have been cleaning up stuff, sand blasting, man there was 20 years of crud on the front...made a bracket to relocate the emissions canister, still have to mount it, opened the wiring harness to re route a few plugs, worked on the brake lines some...after this weekend i should have some update pics.

Array
    Status
    Chesterton, IN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    ordered DHRP flat plate uppers...had a set in stock so should be here in a week or so...

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Awesome, I've been wanting to see how his flat plate arms looked.

Array
    Status
    Chesterton, IN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    they look great to me, ill load a pic after work tonight...they come with cross shaft, polys, ball joint, and install hardware...199 to my door, could not pass it up, they were already made and ready to go..

Array
    Status
    Chesterton, IN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    here is a stock pic of the control arms coming my way...

Array
    Status
    Bristol, VA
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Tell me how that works out for you I tried to order a full set of tubulars and they disabled his PayPal and he hasn't responded back to me in three days

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Quote Originally Posted by railinrealities View Post
    Tell me how that works out for you I tried to order a full set of tubulars and they disabled his PayPal and he hasn't responded back to me in three days
    Who disabled? What site? More information please.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    there has been bad business with him before. But from what ive seen he's made good on everything since coming back in business

Array
    Status
    Bristol, VA
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    We were emailing back and forth, he guaranteed me he would have me a set of tubulars in three weeks I went to pay, his PayPal said he wasn't aloud to receive funds at the moment and I emailed asking what was up and haven't got a response... Around three years ago when he was "barnyard" his service was miserable and everyone said he had stepped up his game but I'm not sure ?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast