Array
    Status
    Columbus, Montana
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

Hello from Montana!

Hey Guys, hello from Montana! I just bought a 1985 Ram 50 for a few hundred dollars, and I am glad I found this forum. I will post pictures later in the day when I am not busy. I love the little truck. The main problem is the passenger door has a huge dent and needs replacing, and the low beams do not work. I am not very mechanically inclined and will need help while I try to make the truck better for DD than the way I bought it in the future. I'm currently trying to figure out why the low beams on the headlights do not work, while the high beams do (you do have to keep on pulling for the high beams to work). Every other light works though. But anyways, greetings from Montana and I hope to hear and talk from you guys in the future!!

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Welcome, There is a service manual in the manuals section.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    the headlights have fuses - one for low and one for high. It could also be your column switch or bad headlight sockets.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. As mentioned, check your fuses and your column switch for anything suspect. Get your hands on a little pocket multimeter and learn how to use it - for a car/truck electrical system you'll only need to know voltages below 20v and low range Ohms resistance and continuity. really helpful gadget and you don't need an uber buck unit to do what you'll need from it. It will also pay for you to go around the truck and clean all the ground/earth leads up where they connect to the chassis and engine - bad grounds cause all kinds of grief.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Columbus, Montana
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Thanks guys. I will check out the fuses and the column shift. And I will pick up a multimeter too.

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Welcome! Excited to see your progress and some pics of the truck. I'm new as well but am already so excited about this resource.

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I know some folks in Great Falls... Welcome

Did you get the lights fixed yet..?

Array
    Status
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T
    I had a similar headlight issue after purchasing my first Ram50. What I ended up discovering was that there are unique headlights for the low beams and the high beams. A previous owner had swapped a low beam with a high beam and I had that same every other light coming on and all lights when I'd pull and hold the switch. So make sure that the proper headlight is in the proper place.