Thread: MYsBITCHi 1991 v6 3.0 4x4 oil leaks and best lowering kit they make.

Array
    Status
    West Milford, New Jersey
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72

MYsBITCHi 1991 v6 3.0 4x4 oil leaks and best lowering kit they make.

BC10840D-524C-4364-A2E7-3A61D5096B46.jpg still doing some work to her. Got my lowering kit on it but can’t seam to fit through drive Throughs 😂😂😂. I swear I love this truck more than life it’s self. On a serious note. I believe I found some leaks on my truck. Oil looks like it’s coming from the fan. (My dad recently did the timing belt.) also have been loosing break and steering fluid. The breaks I can’t find but the steering is Definitely coming from the pitman arm and also the idler arm is bad too. Can’t seem to find out wht needs changing. Where the steering is leaking but it’s where it
    Connects to the steering thing. ( yes I’m not the greatest with trucks or cars but that’s wht my mighty friends are for) if anyone can give me some
    Ideas on how to find the exact leaks and where to buy (cheap) id appreciate it.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    the power steering box seal is bad above the pitman arm, the brake leak is probably a rusted out line going to the rear brakes or bad wheel cylinders / calipers, or rubber lines, and the leak in the front is probably a bad cam seal.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    rebuild kit for the steering box is available on rockauto. i did my power steering box last year. as above, check all the brake lines, if they are all dry check in the rear drums incase the cylinders are leaking. If theres no leaks anywhere it can be the booster failed internally and the engine is buring the fluid (least likely)

Array
    Status
    West Milford, New Jersey
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    the power steering box seal is bad above the pitman arm, the brake leak is probably a rusted out line going to the rear brakes or bad wheel cylinders / calipers, or rubber lines, and the leak in the front is probably a bad cam seal.
    How much of pain is it to do that cam seal if it is the cause. And thanks
    For the info btw

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I am not sure - never owned a v6. But others on here can chime in to let you know what it takes to fix it.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980