Array
    Status
    Thonotosassa fl
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G63

Timing belt balance belt

Im new to the mighty ram world i smoked both my timing belt and balance belt i bought a timing belt but it did not come with the balance belt can i run the truck with out the balance belt

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Short answer - no, you can't run a stock engine without the balance shaft belt installed. The vibration would be unbearable and is really rough on the bottom end of the engine. Guys perform balance shaft deletes to Mitsubishi engines all the time but it requires the oil galleries to the shaft bearings being blocked off (either by knocking the bearings out and rotating them so the galleries and journals no longer line up or by using a shaft delete kit). Get a new balance shaft belt. These smaller belts can cause havoc when they blow. They end up in the path of the main timing belt, subsequently damaging the main belt.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Thonotosassa fl
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G63
    Thank you geezer101 im pretty sure thats what happened ill be getting the belt. Once again thank you