Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

Wheel fitment.??

I have a question on fitment on new wheels. Boring or grinding tabs down. Will these fit my 88 MM??? What is needed to be done to fit??

Center bore is 77.8mm I think I need 108mm to clear if I'm correct??
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    That's a lot of meat to remove, I don't think the alloys would stay in one piece after that. Possibly you can run spacers/adapter's

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    If these are for a 4x4 then spacers will work well with these wheels in a RWD application. There aren't a lot of options for RWD trucks when it comes to wheels (I wished I was faster on the trigger when a full set of new 17x8" wheels came up insanely cheap )
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    There for my 2wd. MM. There 16 in wheels and I think from a frontier. I haven't test fitted them yet so I will see today! I don't want to have 17 or 18 "" wheels seeing I have no PS. I'm not crazy about having Nissan wheels on a mitsu. But like the over all design of the wheels a pose to my steel wheels.

Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Geezer, if they do fit would it be the better option to grind the tabs or bore 30mm???ive seen Nissan frontier/Amada rims on MM and 50s before so I'm hoping they will work.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Have to buy wheel adapters the wheels are 6x114.3.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    17" or 18" wheels won't be the issue - it will be wheel width. Lots of tread surface to try and twist around on the road. I would also expect there to be bump steer as well (you trade a crazy improvement in handling for the occasional ambush by crap roads) which is where I'd think about fitting a steering stabiliser/damper. I'd grind the tabs - honking 30mm out of the centre hub of a wheel isn't a great idea and 6 wheel studs aren't going to break in a hurry. Centric spacers would be the best idea if it brings the wheels closer to zero offset. Is there any info on the Nissan wheel install (better to know what you're getting yourself into) BTW those wheels looks pretty good
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Yes, that makes perfect sense. I will grind the tabs out if needed, I bought wheel adapters and will see when they get here and I'll test fit it all. I've never seen these wheels on an MM or D50 before. I'll report back.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    so those are 6 x 4.5 - our trucks are 6 x 5.5 or 6 x 139.7 in metric - with the adaptors you should not need the tabs or hubs ground down.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Oh OK thanks Penny man

Array
    Status
    Watertown, NY
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    I'm also looking to get bigger rims. Mine are only 14". What's a decent size to upgrade to without compromising off road capabilities and what size tires are the best?

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I think the simplest solution is to use Montero factory wheels. This leaves the door open for twin piston caliper brakes and whatever else is usable from a Monty 4x4. I remember seeing somewhere the Monty axles are wider (wider track = better handling) plus Monty's came with rear disc brakes. I don't think the tyre size is that important but a bigger profile sidewall isn't better. It will mess with acceleration and grip.

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    I have 15, 215, 80s. About as large as I can get on the front of my 1st gen without rubbing too much. Thinking wider on the rear to keep the rubber stuck to the road

Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Ok test fitted the wheels with adapter s today. Front will be fine but I have to grind down the tabs to make them fit flush. The back drums center hub is a little bigger then the center hub punch on the adapter so it sits out about an additional 1/2 inch or so. I don't want to mess with the rear center hub seeing it holds the drum on. Any ideas???
    Attached Images