Array
    Status
    Sebastian, FL
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

91 mighty max 2.4 4g64 oil pump plate

I've had a leak from a cracked bolt hole (over tightened after bs delete) and finally decided to address it. Bought cheap ebay pump (2nd mistake) and the timing marks were way different and off.... Bought another plate from forum, seller swore it was a 4g64 but bolt holes are different and ofh bolt hokes completely different. Ugh.... Question is, exactly what oil pump part number am i looking for? Is a 4g63 oil pump the same? Just lost at this point.

Array
    Status
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Make sure you did not order an oil pump for a 7-bolt 4G64. 6-bolt 4G64 were made up until 1992, 7-bolts being their successor.
    Although both are 4G64, certain parts are different and non-interchangeable such as the oil pumps.

Array
    Status
    Sebastian, FL
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Actually.... You hit the head with a nail. I just realized after much staring and reading that my 4g64 is indeed a 6 bolt and i had a 7 bolt plate. Already got the new 6 bolt plate from rockauto, just waiting for a new bs delete plug to arrive. Duh me after all this time....

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmar523 View Post
    Actually.... You hit the head with a nail. I just realized after much staring and reading that my 4g64 is indeed a 6 bolt and i had a 7 bolt plate. Already got the new 6 bolt plate from rockauto, just waiting for a new bs delete plug to arrive. Duh me after all this time....
    Easy to get caught on that. The difference between the 6 and 7 bolt is subtle until someone points it out.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function