Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

New Fuse Block?

Has anyone found a source for new fuse block on the 1st gen?
    Does anyone have a part number?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I doubt there are any direct new replacements for the OEM fuse blocks but honestly you'd be better off buying a new block that uses blade fuses and have the option of adding power for accessories. The old glass fuses are nearly extinct and it's not optimal to be caught out in the Boonies without lights, wipers or a working heater due to not having spare fuses.`I think it would be worth upgrading (plus the OEM blocks can be temperamental with intermittent bad connections depending on where the truck has been)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I've got a bunch of fuses. It seems to be a wire or something losing its connection and making the dash gauges fail. I haven't done more than jiggle the harness. I have a new fuse puller and 4 or 5 of each amp 5, 10, 15 and 20 fuses.
    On your idea what fuse block would I get?

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    This looks like a viable fuse block replacement - https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-32V-12-W....c100005.m1851

And it has in built live circuit indicators so you know when something isn't doing it's thing.

*there are a couple of designs that use either blade connectors or eyelets to connect power in and out but most seem like they're intended for marine use.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    And something else worth looking at is the lack of relays for lights and ancillary electrics (A/C, heater blower, radiator thermo fan if you're planning on installing one, fuel pump etc) -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Fuse-S....c100005.m1851

Looks compact, holds more than enough extra fuses and relays for a Gen 1 and is pretty damn cheap. A bit of assing around to bridge this extra relay box into the wiring, but it is worth it if it takes the strain off the electrical system.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    ...option #2 for a fuse block, is reasonably priced and is closer to a straight up fuse block swap for OEM -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-CIRCUIT-...-/173054160317

Array
    Status
    Raymond New Hampshire, USA
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I have an auxiliary fuse block under the hood on my truck. It's a marine application 6 socket panel with 6 ground connections as well. I feed it off of a heavy duty continuous duty solenoid that is triggered by the coil power wire. The marine blocks are not cheap, but the tinned copper conductors look brand new in road salt laden New England. Worth the extra money in my opinion. I did a bunch of rewiring when I installed it so it wasn't a hassle.
    https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Syst...lue%2Bsea&th=1

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I think this is one of those things I am going to have to put off until I know I won't have a need for the truck if I render it inoperable for a week or two. Thanks for the links.