Thread: New Member ~ Hello from Hawaii

Array
    Status
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I have found the 1986 factory Chrysler shop manual. Shoot me your address and I will send it out to you.

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    For everyone's info I found a major cause of my trucks misfire & rough idle ~ the secondary wire to the distributor was half off & loose on the coil... Runs much better now with that wire plugged properly...

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    ...one bad connection. It's the small things that will catch you out. Glad you finally found the source of your running issues.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Hi geezer,
    Truck runs much better 75% of the time now
    Coil wire is still tight as are both ends of all plug wires BUT until the truck is completely up to operating temp, it often has a sometimes very noticeable miss... When hot it runs good... Gave the inside of carb & choke several good squirts of carb cleaner; cold start, warm up & idle is much improved... With one press of accelerator to the floor or halfway this truck refuses to start on 1st crank; 2nd crank it always starts right up... New battery just installed upon it's arrival from the mainland last month... Also, it acts lean when opening throttle quickly; maybe the accelerator pump has a weak squirt (if these carbs even have an accelerator pump?)... I want a DMM with removable alligator clips for Christmas so I can use OHM to check resistance of secondary wiring & coil... I have a bad habit of touching DMM probe ends with my bare fingers which gives false OHM readings...

Appreciate your guidance,
    George

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The Mikunis do have an accelerator enrichment jet on them (it is one of the 3 things that can potentially give you grief, the other 2 are the secondary vac solenoid and the wax pellet auto choke). The enrichment jet pump is the square block on the side of the carb with the 2 fuel line barbs on it. Easy to see if it's working with the engine off - either hold the choke butterfly open or do it after the engine has warmed up. Look down the primary throat and give the throttle a quick turn - you should see a shot of fuel from a small nozzle halfway down the throat (you can hear it too if the pump is really good). No shot of fuel can mean 2 things - pump diaphragm is toast or you have a serious blockage in the jet.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Just added a few more photos today; check out my photo album, location is Pyramid Rock Beach on MCBH...
    Thanks to everyone who helped me thus far...
    ALOHA ~George

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12