Array
    Status
    Cataula , GA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Other

Part Number for Condenser?

Looking for a well fitting ac condenser for my '79. would love one that fit the welded on mounts and such. anyone have the part number for it that I can use to order from Four Seasons or something like that?

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    the original a/c kits were either dock or dealer installed on the Dodge trucks to add US content to the imported trucks. The 2 brands used were Lone Star (out of business) and Frigette, which is still in business and still make a kit for these trucks. Try contacting them for a condenser.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I'd like to get a bigger condenser for my Gen 1. I've upgraded the compressor to a NipponDenso rotary unit and need a new drier (and custom made lines to hook it up) but the trick is finding a condenser that will shoe horn in where the original unit sits and have all the connections in the right place. Always one for a challenge...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Cataula , GA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Other
    I've not located the info from Fridgette, can anyone point me?

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Maybe look for a universal condenser on ebay. The condensers were mounted behind the grille with self tapping screws on angle brackets (no factory threaded mounting holes). All the pipework and drier are on the left/drivers side next to the headlights. The biggest condenser I think you could get in there is 14" x 23" but the original is 12"x 19". Its a parallel design condenser with #6 and #8 O rings.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    This is the one I'm potentially going to use - https://www.ebay.com/itm/A-C-AC-Univ...0AAOSwaeRZKG2I

and this type of receiver drier/accumulator -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-A...4383.l4275.c10

The drier was ghetto mounted with a big hose clamp so it's up to us to do a better job...

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Just bought 2 filter driers - one of each type because the early trucks did not use O-rings on the fittings, they used flared fittings. If you are retrofitting new parts into an existing system, you may need to have special hoses made to accommodate the 2 types of fittings. This is where a street rod shop can help out with the different types of fittings. For the best results in converting an r12 system to r134a, change out the expansion valve on the evaporator coil under the dash to one for 134a. Also be sure to use only ester oil on converted r12 systems - Pag oil normally used with 134a refrigerant will react with the mineral oil used in r12 systems and will destroy the system quickly.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle

1980 Plymouth Arrow Truck
    Engine

G54B
    Condenser part number: 4205225.
    The entire unit: 4193304.
    Evap: 4205239.
    Compressor: 4205252.

I found the entire unit on Ebay NOS. Unbelievable!
    I have a install somewhere on this forum.

It works fine.

Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    GEEZER, I HAVE THAT SAME DRIER AND NEW TXV and new compressor to 134a . HOW WOULD THAT condenser bolt up exactly ?? i might just buy that seeing i have never had ac in my truck and its old . Hate to get the old one hooked up to find out of a leak ?? also would there be any benefit in using that condenser than my old one if it does not have a leak?

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I'm going to replace my condenser because it A: has had the crap beaten out of it, B: will be contaminated inside from having the lines disconnected for the last 10 years and C: I am an efficiency freak and the evaporator core in my truck is HUGE for a small cabin. I have to change all of my lines as they have flare nuts on them and are obsolete (consequently they needed to be replaced as the NipponDenso compressor has different connections on it and are going to be partially recycled to keep costs down) I used the compressor and bracket from a FWD engine (it was off a 4G62 1.8 cyclone) and it bolted straight up to the compressor mount holes on the block on my G63B engine. I was extremely lucky my truck had A/C fitted from the dealer or my headaches would've started with finding a crank pulley with the auxiliary compressor pulley bolted to it (which I think would've been easy enough to find - Eagle Summit maybe? Same as our Mitsubishi Nimbus minivan thingamy) It might be a viable donor for everything in the engine bay but I've never stopped and taken a good look at one... The dryer I have is the original AirInternational unit which has to go so I'm taking a leap of faith that the universal driers with 3/8" fittings will be compatible (haven't laid money down on this stuff as I'm still in the middle of a front end rebuild)

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    And an omission -there are mounting holes for the condenser. It requires 4 small angle brackets mounted to the opposing corners of the condenser frame. The top 2 are held into the place by 2 threaded inserts with 10mm bolts while the bottom 2 have rubber mounts that drop downwards into 2 holes that are pressed into the lower front channel (they are about 13-15mm in diameter) You can make the angle brackets easy enough and decide how you want to mount the condenser. Originally on my truck it was set up with the condenser as close as they could get it to the front face of the radiator, but I plan on sandwiching 2 slimline thermofans between the 2 and sealing the condenser frame as best I can to prevent air from being misdirected out through the gaps around the sides (which wasn't done when the A/C was installed in the first place)

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Ok The Eagle Summit looks nothing like the A/C compressor I've installed. However the units on the 87-88 Dodge Raider looks a lot like it -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/REMAN-A-C-C...dZY8rW&vxp=mtr

This type requires the cradle that has a separate tensioner pulley on an adjustable slide. The type like the Sanden S-508 uses a bolt to pivot the whole compressor body in and out to tension the belt (this was the type on my truck)

It appears the cradle from an Eclipse, Talon or Laser will fit but the tensioner pulley isn't right (multi ribbed belt not V pulley). The closest V pulley I found was on an ebay listing for an early Acura A/C mount. Ready to play musical parts?

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I'll add some not so helpful pics of my A/C compressor -
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Cataula , GA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Other
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/CNFP1318KIT...72.m2749.l2649
    this is what I eventually bought. it fit perfectly. I'll get some pics once I have the truck back from paint.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by 2nup350 View Post
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/CNFP1318KIT...72.m2749.l2649
    this is what I eventually bought. it fit perfectly. I'll get some pics once I have the truck back from paint.
    Hell cheap! Nice find indeed

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    OK this looks like the best deal I can get for my Gen 1 -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CNFP1424KT-...id=p5731.m3795

Has everything - hose barbs, dryer, pressure switch and probably the biggest condenser I can fit up front of my radiator.