Array
    Status
    clarksville, arkansas
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

Question Led flood lights

need to pick the big brains i,m thinking about putting some led fog lights on my truck
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-6inch-Ca...9a0z5~&vxp=mtr
    can i just run a hot wire to the battery and put a toggle switch inline or do i need to run something different?
    i used to do this back in the day and the wiring was red and black pretty straight forward.
    mount them on the bumper run hot wire to the battery put a toggle inline get out in the woods or on a back road flip the switch and light up the world no biggie.
    but with today's techno the leds i mean i don't want to shell out the money and get them wire them up and poof they be gone. lol
    if anyone has thoughts on the above set or a different set please speak up post a link if you have them thanks for any and all advise

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    They should only wire in one way, whivh should be marked. Probably a relay is still a good idea

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Now they are polarity sensitive (that's a given) and they need to have decent heat sinks on them and air flow. You will find there's probably only a few different designs of LED car floodlights, and the ones you see at the local parts shop are packaged versions of the ones you see online. I would hook them identically to any other accessory driving light - power off the battery, fused, tripped with a relay and in cabin switch. Always use a relay - it is more efficient and doesn't require heavy gauge wiring and high load switch to turn it off and on. I don't know how long the lenses hold up as far as fading/oxidisation goes.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Oh and... https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-6inch-Ca...75.c100623.m-1

Same lights, no brand name, $33 cheaper. They're actually made using the inner assemblies of the 4" off road lights paired together in the same extruded housing.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    clarksville, arkansas
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    yes sir i seen them but coming out of china i figure it will take 6 weeks but then again i,m in no hurry so you make a good point

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Only drawback with buying some things online with OS shipping is the delivery waiting times. But for the sake of saving a big chunk of cash it's an acceptable trade off.

Array
    Status
    clarksville, arkansas
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    Only drawback with buying some things online with OS shipping is the delivery waiting times. But for the sake of saving a big chunk of cash it's an acceptable trade off.
    this is true to be honest i probable will go for it i just can't see me giving out $77.60 i,m not in that big of a hurry anyways.