Status
    Middletown, CT
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

Question New here!

Hey all!
    My name is Jacob Dodge and I just got a 1989 Dodge Ram 50 about a month ago. Needs a little work but Im excited to get it going better. Bogs out under high acceleration and engine makes a popping noise at high rpms. Gas tank leaks above the halfway mark and I need to replace the ignition coil but those damned bolts are rusted. Also doesnt have an air cleaner system, not sure if thats absolutely necessary.

Anyway: looking forward to chatting with some people on here!20180212_112004.jpg20180212_112004.jpg

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Hey, Jacob, welcome to the forum. Nice truck, especially for Connecticut. (Rust).

DO be sure to look at the metal tag on the firewall of the engine compartment - it will have the engine number (i.e. 4G64) and that helps a bunch to identify specific problems.

100_0361.jpg

Best of luck for your truck, and keep us posted as to your progress. Gas tank problems are a real bear - you'll probably have to drop it to really determine the problem, though they CAN be repaired. Rusted bolts are part of these truck's reality, so get some P.B. Blaster and be patient.

Again, big welcome to the forum !
    Last edited by royster; 04-27-2018 at 01:06 PM.
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Welcome should be a lot of air cleaners out there many folks put on Webbers that come with their own covers!