Array
    Status
    Earth - California
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

Parts go where?

So, I was taking apart the transmission/transfer case and I thought I would remember where the parts would go. Yea, that didn't work out okay. I have these parts left and need help figuring out where they go:
    IMG_8203.jpg
    I believe there was two of those pill looking things, not sure though.

Also, did I put those rods in place the correct way? The rods can be rolled pin both ways, not sure if I rolled pin them in correctly:
    IMG_8205.jpg
    Last edited by BJH324JH; 04-24-2018 at 01:58 PM.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Image A - opposing sides of the gearbox housing. They are the selector retainers (2 shorter bolts with springs) Drop a ball bearing into each hole and install the bolts (the bearings go into the selector rod notches to keep it in gear). Now the other longer rod with the spring is installed from inside the gearbox...but I can't remember where Got a feeling it goes into a housing on the end of a selector rod.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Earth - California
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    Image A - opposing sides of the gearbox housing. They are the selector retainers (2 shorter bolts with springs) Drop a ball bearing into each hole and install the bolts (the bearings go into the selector rod notches to keep it in gear). Now the other longer rod with the spring is installed from inside the gearbox...but I can't remember where Got a feeling it goes into a housing on the end of a selector rod.
    I think this is where the parts may go:
    IMG_8223.jpg
    IMG_8222.jpg

I think the pill looking piece goes in the middle as shown in the picture.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I think that looks right. There should be a pdf in the manuals section you can refer to to double check.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function