Array
    Status
    CT
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Took My Truck to the Dyno 88 Mighty Max Sport

I bought this 88 Mighty Max with the intention of having a fun project truck, and just to have a small truck around. Since I'd like to do an engine swap at some point, I thought it would be fun to have a baseline for what the truck is as a regular run of the mill truck.

I bought it for $700, and replaced the brake master cylinder, the windshield, front valance, and some lights. I am also in the process of taking off the plasti-dip and will repaint it white. I also plan on doing some frame work as the main cross member is rusted through.

Anyway,
    https://youtu.be/cdgRJQuOmlc
    (results were too large to properly display, so here is a link)

https://image.prntscr.com/image/nKKe...E-w7_qQSfw.jpg

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. No surprises there with HP at the wheels with a stock engine and tune (plus it's age...) The plasti-dip isn't terrible but for the most part your truck looks pretty straight and clean in the vid - I think it's reasonable for $700. An engine flush and retuning the ignition will make a difference. You going down the Mitsubishi path for an engine swap or something different/more cylinders?
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    CT
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    I am currently helping a friend do an engine swap in his Nissan Hardbody. If all goes well with that, I might start looking for a 4G63t, because I have never had a turbo anything. I've had old trucks with V8s already (they were stock as well).

I am very happy with my investment. I want to pretty it up a little. Take care of the rust, prevent future rust, and clean up the interior. After it all that, I'll probably tackle the engine. It runs great right now, and I don't NEED more than that, just want a toy to tinker with.

Array
    Status
    Georgia
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    Awesome! I'm a DSM guy, so turbo 4G63's are my bread and butter. I very much look forward to your build thread.