Array
    Status
    Utah
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8

84 Magnum Ram 50 Build

I'm mainly starting this thread to try and motivate myself to finish this project. I made an post in the member intro page but haven't really done anything since then. I bought this back in summer of 2017 from a friend. The motor was blown when he got it and was talking about putting a 350 chevy in it but ended up selling it to me instead. I thought a v8 would be insane in this truck so here I am trying to shove one into this thing.

IMG_0067.JPG
    So the first thing I needed to do after acquiring the truck was to get a motor and transmission. After researching online, I decided to go with a magnum motor mated to a TorqueFlite a904 transmission. So I found a wrecked 97 ram 1500 with the 5.9 magnum engine locally and decided to buy a 904 on eBay. Funny story, the seller of the transmission dropped it off at UPS to have them package and then ship it, and the IDIOTS there just decided to throw it in a cardboard box and call it good. When the tranny arrived, the box was completely mangled and the bell housing was broken. UPS ended up reimbursing me for that so I guess it was alright? I found another one locally that was old and rusted out but had a good bell housing. I then spent the next 2 months swapping the parts over from the broken tranny to the good one, and replacing worn out stuff. Next up was to notch the tranny to fit the magnums crank sensor located on the back of the block (needed because I am using the fuel injection and ECM from the wrecked truck to run it).IMG_0092.jpg
    I just used a router to notch the tranny. Next up is getting the tranny in the truck so I can properly line up the engine. According to my research, using the 904 should allow me to bolt it straight in and not have to worry about custom driveshafts.
    IMG_0098.jpg
    Heres the engine bay with the tranny in. This is where the truck currently sits. I have the engine pulled and ready to test fit to see what I need to start cutting so that will most likely be next.
    This is my first time ever doing something like this, so I am very open to suggestions and tips if you have any.

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4D55-T
    Any update on it? I've been wanting to do this with my truck!