Array
    Status
    Indianpolis, Indiana
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64

New guy need some advice

What’s up everybody just picked up my first mighty max/d50 it’s a 1990 Dodge Ram 50 2.4l 5 speed and I’m loving it all stock besides stereo and speakers. It still needs some things but that’s all part of the fun. One of the problems is my exhaust system is completely toasted looking for some advice and what size exhaust I should be running and what mufflers sound good with these motors. Also I’ve been digging through the forums trying to figure out what header I could throw on here some people are saying the header for the 2.0 will fit some say it won’t if someone could steer me in the right direction for a header that would be great. Any help is much appreciated thanks!!!

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Hey, cleanmoney (I assume you laundered it) and welcome to the forum. My mother hailed from Indianapolis, and I have some very fond memories of that city.

I have no recommendations for you - when I had my exhaust replaced, I simply let a shop do it. Mine is due for replacement, and I'll do it myself, this time. I'll use a standard-issue muffler, whatever the manufacturer recommended.

Lots of info on headers, hang around and someone will be by soon to fix ya up.

Again, welcome to the forum, and post up some pictures !
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Indianpolis, Indiana
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Yes I did launder it!!! Lol I’m trying to figure out how to post some pictures but it has me stumped.

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    launder it - lol
    oem 2.4 manifold not a bad flowing design (if u got a good one that ain't cracked)
    if u could weld? I've swiped good factory exhaust piping + muffler from bigger displacement later model junkyard cars
    ~2-2.25 inch diameter, mandrel bends. They're actually good quality. Quiet with a nice mellow growl too... n cheap (throwawy stuff)

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I'm not sure of why the 2.0 headers won't fit the 2.4 (fouling on the chassis/floor somewhere ) 2.25" pipes with a good flowing muffler box and the catalytic converter having a holiday (in Florida lol) and a resonator so it doesn't sound like it has a bellyache. As long as you have somewhere to screw the O2 sensor in.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Indianapolis, IN
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    Where you located in indy? i live here lol

Array
    Status
    Indianpolis, Indiana
    Vehicle