Hello everyone, new to the site! I was hoping for some guidance from all of you fine folks. I have a '79 D50 4X4 with the G54B. A few weeks ago someone (not saying it was me, but it was probably me) started the truck with no oil in it and blew up all of the rings. I was able to source a free engine from a local fellow that said his dad had rebuilt it but it had no oil pressure. So I removed the engine from the truck and swapped over the oil pump and replaced all the gaskets I could. I had to use some other stuff from the old truck like the Weber carb, oil pan (free engine came from a Plymouth Arrow and the pan isn't compatible with the four wheel drive) and the distributor. Now the problem I'm having is when I set up my distributor with the vacuum advance hose connected to the non-ported port like it was on the old engine I can get it timed to 7 BTDC, but if I hit the throttle it drops to around 10-12 ATDC before advancing and has no power. If I set it up with out the vacuum advance not hooked up the closest I can get in timing is 17 BTDC or 2 ATDC just by moving it one tooth on the cam gear. Is it fine to run at 17 if I have the advance hooked up to the ported vacuum?