Array
    Status
    Rural Hall, NC
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

Issues!!!!!

Swapped the weber on and now all kinds of issues. The truck is a G63b(Jan 1989). Been al over the truck looking for random wires that had no home. I came up with nothing. I have replaced the starter wire thinking maybe it had a bad spot in it. Looked at all grounds and found nothing. I am out of ideas. The only thing that doesn't have a home is the big connector that was connected to the old carb, and one more that had a ground on it. I grounded the wire and found one under the truck that was suppose to be grounded to the transmission. I took care of it and I am still popping ignition fuses. When swapping carb is there anything that needs to be done with the harness at all. Before I swapped carbs i could crank the truck with no problem. I am out of ideas. Please someone point me in the right direction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. When you hooked up the thick wire to the Weber carb, did you ground it to the carb/manifold or hook it up to the terminal on the electric choke housing (assuming you got a Weber with an electric choke)? The main wire connected to the Mikuni carb is power to the fuel cut solenoid (it is bridged from the ignition circuit and is live while the ignition is on). When the ignition is off, it kills the power to the fuel cut solenoid, consequently preventing the carb from picking up fuel and running on. If you've hooked that wire up to the Weber electric choke, you've done the swap correctly. If you've grounded it instead, this is what is blowing your ignition circuit fuses. This is pretty much the only thing electrically that needs to be done to install a Weber carb. All the other control units can be stripped out and binned.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Rural Hall, NC
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    My weber is a manual choke. I can not find the wire for the fuel cut off. I have looked and looked. On intake manifold side. Can't seem to locate it

Array
    Status
    Rural Hall, NC
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Would you maybe have a picture of the fuel cut solenoid?

Array
    Status
    Rural Hall, NC
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Update!!!!!! figured out what kept blowing the ignition fuse. Now I'm not getting fuel.....Ugh looped the fuel pump and ran one line into the carb. Got some work to do

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Make sure your pump is as close to the fuel tank as practical. There's a ton of info on installing a Weber and the various fuel, throttle and linkage configurations you might need to get around. Make sure your coolant port to the base of the manifold is sealed up properly(the small 8mm hole on the seating face of the manifold under the carb) This one can come back and haunt you if it's not sealed up and coolant makes it's way back into the carb base.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    p.s. what was cooking your ignition fuses?

Array
    Status
    Rural Hall, NC
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Some how the fuel cut wire was hooked on to my temp sender. It was pooping it.

Array
    Status
    Rural Hall, NC
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Got it running before I went into work. Runs but its off a little. Got a back fire through the carb once i gave it gas. I adjusted the fuel/air screw got a little better but I am going to look at the timing again. Hate trying to time this damn truck. Seems like i can never get it right. Any tips would be helpful for timing. I deleted the balance shaft by the way

Array
    Status
    Rural Hall, NC
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Fixed