Array
    Status
    Shelton Nebraska
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

High idle and possible rich condition

Hi this is my first post here. I have a 1985 ram 50 with the 2.6l as far as i can tell. The truck had a fresh motor rebuild Bout 10 years ago and then sat for about 5 years because the fuel pump quit. I got it running about 4 years ago and she seemed to work fine. Then one day when driving it seemed to load up and when i shut her off the popped and blew a hole in the muffler. After that it always idles high and i cant figure out why. Ive been doing my research since i gkt cocky and started fiddlin with the mikuni, i now realize that was a bad mistake cause i didnt count my turns. I have the carb off now and am trying to figure out hkw to adjust the screws based off some other posts here. I do not want to put a weber on because this truck only hauls round the welder and tanks on the farm, i just want it to idle right and not chug up. I have a couple theories though. I suspected maybe a vacuum leak since the choke plate wasnt shut at operatin temp so j sprayed some choke cleaner round the carb and it did nothin. Once i pulled the carb off i saw that the base gasket had some silicone from a previous time so im thinking maybe the carb cleaner just didn't get down round the base. I know that i can get a rebuild kit for this carb on rockauto but i don't know that i want to mess round with all these little parts, a Holley is much easier. I want to post pictures but don't know how yet. I need help knowing how much to turn each screw I or out and how to remove the fuel adjustment screw plug out so i can adjust that. Thanks for the help in advance.

Array
    Status
    Shelton Nebraska
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    I also can't find the part number for the specific carb to find diagrams and such