Status
    Sanford, NC
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

New owner

Just picked up a 90MM 2.4 auto.
    Looking to relive some of the glory days of minis through this build with my sons.

Array
    Status
    DFW-TX
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Welcome! I remember back in High School it was all the rave. The targa tops, convertibles tops, camper shells and tonneau covers hiding the bed full of Cerwin Vega Bass woofer speakers! Aaahhh, the good Ol' days.....LOL!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaeNelsAOGo

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. There were some sketchy trends in the 90's where car mods were concerned but mini trucks wasn't one of them. Mind you, it's gotta be done right. What's your sons' plan with the truck?
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    clarksville, arkansas
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    welcome to mightyram

Array
    Status
    Sanford, NC
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Thanks for allowing me to join. Plans are simple 2.5"/3" drop for now, seat cover, carpet, rims, stereo, small amp, pair of 8s, and mild two tone paint job with accent color splitting it circa 88 89. Looking for AC belt tensioner assembly right now.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by builtbyme View Post
    Thanks for allowing me to join. Plans are simple 2.5"/3" drop for now, seat cover, carpet, rims, stereo, small amp, pair of 8s, and mild two tone paint job with accent color splitting it circa 88 89. Looking for AC belt tensioner assembly right now.
    Yeah the membership registration requirements are very stringent (they let ME join and they still haven't recovered ) Make up some new door cards and fit a set of 6.5" splits in them and slip a ready made slimline sub behind the passenger seat (if you have bucket/sports seats). Install an amp under the passenger seat - it makes a big difference. Sound deaden everything in the cab as there's a lot of sheet metal that isn't braced and will affect overall sound quality. Will the A/C cradle from a 2.4 van work?
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Sanford, NC
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    It has the cradle and compressor, just not the belt tensioner (idler) that bolts to the cradle (looks to be held by two bolts). Not even sure what it looks like since it was missing when I got the truck...

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Has to be from a truck - fwd motors are serpentine belts. 2.4 motors in Montero sports would also work, if they have V belts.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    Has to be from a truck - fwd motors are serpentine belts. 2.4 motors in Montero sports would also work, if they have V belts.
    I was referring to the Express/Starwagon engines but that does clarify what engines aren't entirely suitable.