When I get bored I make stuff. I hate being idle. One of the things that has always bugged me about the engine compartment on my truck has been the huge canister containing the air filter assembly. Because the housing also contains the M.A.F. sensor making a cold air set up for it was going to take some thought, but when a local speed shop gave me an in-store credit I had them order me the K&N filter that I would be able to use, and got to work. After a few days cutting, grinding, screwing, and measuring, I came up with a perfect solution that works amazingly well...

The MAF is contained inside the filter and screwed to it's original base that has been cut down to the correct diameter. There is a cage that holds the center stud above the sensor and keeps the filter from imploding. and the whole assembly is bolted to a bracket I fabbed out of a steel construction stud ...

The whole assembly is hardly show quality, but it works phenominally. If anybody is interested I can blow it apart and take pictures of everything, the whole unit is completely servicable. I was just trying to see if I could get it to work. The oil filter is so out in the open now it is ridiculous, which will also make future oil changes easier. A good outcome over all.