Array
    Status
    NJ
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type

I made a Cold Air Intake for my '90 V6

When I get bored I make stuff. I hate being idle. One of the things that has always bugged me about the engine compartment on my truck has been the huge canister containing the air filter assembly. Because the housing also contains the M.A.F. sensor making a cold air set up for it was going to take some thought, but when a local speed shop gave me an in-store credit I had them order me the K&N filter that I would be able to use, and got to work. After a few days cutting, grinding, screwing, and measuring, I came up with a perfect solution that works amazingly well...

The MAF is contained inside the filter and screwed to it's original base that has been cut down to the correct diameter. There is a cage that holds the center stud above the sensor and keeps the filter from imploding. and the whole assembly is bolted to a bracket I fabbed out of a steel construction stud ...

The whole assembly is hardly show quality, but it works phenominally. If anybody is interested I can blow it apart and take pictures of everything, the whole unit is completely servicable. I was just trying to see if I could get it to work. The oil filter is so out in the open now it is ridiculous, which will also make future oil changes easier. A good outcome over all.

Array
    Status
    Albuqureque, NM
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    This is amazing. I have been looking for something like this for a couple days now. I have the 2.4l mighty max, however I had the same issue with their gigantor thing of a sensor. haha.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Your filter mod will give you improved throttle response but probably cost you some torque in the process. I would lengthen the intake duct to run down the chassis rail and mount the air filter into the front corner of the engine bay to draw air from around the headlight bracket. The added length of intake duct will beef up your torque and the placement of the filter will give it a fighting chance to get some fresh air. You could then go the next step and make a shield to surround the filter - this will further restrict hot air from the engine making it into the intake system.