Status
    Los Angeles, California
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

New member to this awesome community

Hello everyone,
    I have already posted once in the tuning and smog section and have already received tons of help. Just wanted to give a short introduction of myself. I'm in my early twenties and was born and raised in Los Angeles. Work full time and go to school part time. Have always loved pick up trucks and my 87 Ram 50 is the first pick up I am actually able to call mine. The truck is awesome and has less than 150,000 miles on it so I can't wait until I am able to start making upgrades on it. In the short time that I have browsed through this website I have seen some awesome trucks and I am really looking forward to becoming a bigger part of this group. Thanks again to everyone who has helped me so far here, your kindness is always appreciated. Happy Easter!
    20180331_183710.jpg20180331_183621.jpg20180331_183935.jpg20180331_183610.jpg

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    I am originally from L.A. - Gardena - so you have my full sympathy. Welcome to the forum (again) and be sure to keep us posted on your progress !
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Is there a backstory from how you got this truck? It looks like it came from a business or a municipal depot. As long as you're passing smog which is the biggest hurdle in Cali. It looks solid too.

*not very often we get a thumbnail pic...of a thumbnail
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Los Angeles, California
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. Is there a backstory from how you got this truck? It looks like it came from a business or a municipal depot. As long as you're passing smog which is the biggest hurdle in Cali. It looks solid too.

I found the truck on Craigslist but from what I was able to find out from the guy I bought it from is that it was a city maintenance truck here in Los Angeles before it was retired and used by landscapers and gardeners after. He used it for a while and then I bought it about a week ago. I'm hoping to give the exterior some new life and try and turn it into a surf mobile. Yes definitely agree on the passing smog. That has been my biggest hurdle so far but with the help from you and some of the other users I'm hoping I square that away sometime this week. Everything else seems to be working fine and the only negative that came back on smog was my visual inspection. Appreciate all your help and I'm stoked to become more active in this community!

Array
    Status
    clarksville, arkansas
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post

good catch geezer
    welcome to the forum juslivn enjoy your stay