Array
    Status
    Kellogg, Idaho
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64

All new problem

Well I found out where the black/red wire ties in so I tried tying into the switch like the book lists and now the check engine light is out. No not fixed it is completely out also I fried my coil. any dvce o hwto proceed besides selling this piece of crap.

Array
    Status
    Kellogg, Idaho
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Well it's been 2 weeks and I didn't fry the coil although I did buy a new one. I put the black/red striped wire back where it suppose to be. Pulled my dash out 5 times cleaned all the connections and got the check engine light to work again. Put in a used ICV with 38000 miles on it. It started and then would die and only run when it was in start and then die in the run position, so I discovered that if you wiggled the plug on the fuel relay it would start up again so I fixed all the loose wires. It still was hard to start when it sat for over 5 hours and the code 15 was still there. I pulled the distributor and cleaned the crank sensor and reinstalled it. nothing changed so I replaced the hose on the PCV line and then got it running to set the timing and throttle sensor when it died again. Now the run in start only has returned. The fuel sensor plug wires don't seem to be the issue. I know I am really close to figuring this out but god this thing is difficult. Any thoughts?

Array
    Status
    Kellogg, Idaho
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Oh forgot, when I put the key in the run position I have power to the coil. I tried a jumper wire from the battery positive to the positive side of the coil and it didn't do any thing but make the relay by the battery turn on.