Array
    Status
    Kellogg, Idaho
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64

Idle control valve on a 1990 2.4

I'm still having trouble getting the truck to start cold after sitting over night. I still have the 15 error code. Yesterday I took the Idle control valve off and took it apart. the motor ran outside the unit but not inside. so I lubed up the inside and it started working. (piston moved in and out with 6v applied. put it all back together and started it. I can not get it to idle with out screwing in the adjustment screw quite a bit. anyway I set the voltage on the TBS sensor to .48 volts and the timing is set to 5 BTDS. the truck ran fine, died once but we drove it down the freeway at 65 mph 12 miles each way no issue except the engine light is still on. Yes I took the ground off for 5 minutes and reinstalled. The ICV on this year is different then other years and costs 300 bucks new. I bought a used one that seemed to work but now I'm not sure even after I fixed the motor issue. is there a way to make another year valve work on this years engine.

Array
    Status
    Kellogg, Idaho
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    well I did a bit more trouble shooting and I'm getting no power to the ICV selinoid. wire harness is ok so I'm not getting power out of the computer. I just put a rebuilt on in it when i started but maybe this part is not working.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    There is a write up where different year model computers can be used but it required swapping 1 or 2 pin locations in the main ECU plug. Can't remember where I saw it though but it was a way of getting around your problem (why did Mitsubishi even do that...)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Kellogg, Idaho
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    My computer works it's the idle control valve. it seems that 1990 had one style that cost 300 bucks to replace and 1991 on had a different one that costs $75 bucks. they have different plugs and don't think mount the same. wondering if a different mount or throttle body would work