Howdy,
I picked up a used 86 Ram 50 (2.0, G63B, 5 Speed) a few days ago off of the local Craigslist for $800. The body is very solid, and the guy I bought it from was planning on converting it into some low rider monstrosity, so hopefully I saved a good truck from a fate worse than death.
He had already added his version of a custom exhaust, a straight pipe, badly welded, running from the curve in the manifold downpipe under both axles to a 'flowmaster' muffler with a 4 inch intake (and more bad welds) that was hanging about 3 inches off the ground next to the spare tire. A sawzall quickly removed the exhaust on day 2 and I stuck on a cheapo muffler on day 3, which made the truck quiet enough to hear the loud tapping coming from the engine.
So today I pull the valve cover and find the #4 (furthest back) intake rocker has the nub that pushes on the lifter snapped off. No sign of the broken pieces, so I'm hoping the seller knew about the problem and removed them and they are not floating around the engine somewhere. His CL ad said he installed a new valve cover gasket, so there is hope he saw the broken rocker and then decided to call it quits on his project.
I've ordered a new rocker arm, should be at Oriely's on Tuesday, so now I've got a few days to learn how to replace the broken rocker arm. Seems pretty straight forward, and it being the furthest back gives me hope of an easy job, but we'll see.
Well, that's why I'm here and how I stumbled on this forum. I'll be digging thru the threads looking for hints on the job and if you have any advice, please share.

Thanks for being here,
eb