Array
    Status
    Kellogg, Idaho
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64

Back together In Idaho

Well the sprocket and flange came in yesterday and I got the truck completely back together. I took about 30 minutes to get it to start. Once I got it running I checked the timing and it was off quite a bit. I know I have all the gears and belts correct so tonight I'm going to pull the distributor and move it. I could almost adjust the timing but the distributor wouldn't turn any farther. I still have the error code issue related to the crank shaft position sensor. I still feel like there is a fuel issue when it's cold like something is not allowing fuel to the injectors on cold start as I need starting fluid to get it to start or I have to keep turning the key off and on several times before it tries to start and then it will ruff start after 20 minutes of trying.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    It might still be related to the distributor not being set correctly. The ECU needs the timing right so it can send the injector pulses to match.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    remember to jump the connector on the right inner fender to ground before adjusting the timing once you are sure all the mechanicals are aligned right.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Georgia
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by bitrootvz View Post
    Well the sprocket and flange came in yesterday and I got the truck completely back together. I took about 30 minutes to get it to start. Once I got it running I checked the timing and it was off quite a bit. I know I have all the gears and belts correct so tonight I'm going to pull the distributor and move it. I could almost adjust the timing but the distributor wouldn't turn any farther. I still have the error code issue related to the crank shaft position sensor. I still feel like there is a fuel issue when it's cold like something is not allowing fuel to the injectors on cold start as I need starting fluid to get it to start or I have to keep turning the key off and on several times before it tries to start and then it will ruff start after 20 minutes of trying.
    New to these things, just got one myself and fixing it up, but I'm a DSM guy by nature, so not new to Mitsubishi... Mine's carbureted though which is new to me, I'm used to EFI. Not sure when these things started coming with EFI, but did they have a return fuel line? Have you made sure your injector seals are good and not leaking? What about the regulator, is it holding fuel pressure?

Array
    Status
    Kellogg, Idaho
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    The code says it's either the TBS, crank pos. sensor or the idle speed sensor. I replaced the idle speed sensor and it helped. I can get it started if I keep cycling the key switch and don't touch the gas pedal. it takes 20 minutes or so. I had it running Saturday and unplugged the TBS sensor and it didn't make any difference. I order a new one. Yes I grounded the wire to set the timing and I have it set correctly as far as I know. My new timing light has a dial on the end which will move the timing if its adjusted so I set it to 10 degrees and then adjusted the distributor to TDC. runs good when it starts. It will try to start and idle crappy for 10 to 15 seconds then die. If you give it gas it just dies. Then all of a sudden it will start to idle crappy and click starts running like something just turned on.