Thread: New member

Array
    Status
    Raymond New Hampshire, USA
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Greetings all. I've lurked on this forum for the few years i've owned my Ram50. Finally decided to join. It's a great resource, and I hope I can add some value to it.
    Got my 89 a couple of years ago from a friend who had bought it new. It's a 2.6 auto long bed. I've put 50K miles on it (35K in the last year) for a grand total of 230K on the meter.
    Previous owner had had the engine rebuilt at 100k for preventative maintenance. I replaced the head at 195k with a new non jet valve head. When I did that i removed the balance shafts.All new brake lines CuNiFe alloy line. I adapted a Delco 10si alternator. Put in an electric fuel pump, wide band O2, tach, oil/volt/temp gauges. Cut the downpipes before they joined and welded up a true dual exhaust through 2 thrush welded mufflers. 1-3/4 pipes. Mounted a big flex a lite rigid racing fan (the thrust load cooked my first water pump in 20k miles, but it stays cool now) Rewired some stuff under the hood. All of the smog stuff is gone. It had a weber on it when I got it. I've gotten it tuned much better, but will be making a custom emulsion tube once i get my shop set up at the new house. Also made a high current trailer light plug using a box of relays and a tail light converter. I'll make some threads before too long. Have to repair some body rot and rebuild the front end this month. Just finished a long and arduous move from rhode island to new hampshire. I had no shop for a year and a few things fell into disrepair. It's about due for registration and the inspection is past due. Photo attached is in the blizzard the other day. I put some retread "mega mud" tires from tire recappers of nashville on it a few weeks ago. It's like having 4 wheel drive
    Giovanni
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Welcome to the forum, Giovanni89 !

Is that a '63 Ford Falcon station wagon in your avatar ?? (I had one, many moons ago).
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Thanks Royster! Thats a keen eye. It's a '62 2 door wagon. Was my daily driver for 4 years. She is laid up with a case of body rot. New house has a concrete floor garage, so I should be able to start getting her back to roadworthy. I didn't want to try and keep the unibody straight while working
    on a soft asphalt driveway, so it's been sitting for about 3 or 4 years. This was right near the end of her days on the road. July 4th 2014
    background.jpg

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Wow ! A 2 - door !
    Please consider posting some photos of it on the "Local Sightings" thread http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...ocal-Sightings
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see this rare classic.
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Will do Royster. I'll see if I can dig some up this weekend. I should have a number of them saved on my computer from old phone backups.
    Giovanni

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    I looked for a '62 two-door wagon on YouTube but only found this '63, which is a nice specimen.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOzim6vnB1g
    Tail lights and grille were about the only changes between the two years. A half-inch wrench fixed anything on the car. They were the epitome of "simple".

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Ha, very close to mine. Grilles were different for every year of the falcon. Mine is the same body, same color, same interior as that one. I don’t have a white roof, auto trans, back up lamps, or radio. I don’t believe the white roof was an option, but I could be wrong. Mine has a bit more, uhhhh Patina
    Giovanni

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Also, the dash cluster was changed for 1963. The radios, door handles and window cranks were the same in all Ford models, I think Chevy did the same thing.

Interesting piece of automotive history. Looking forward to seeing your 'patina' wagon, Giovanni !

Oh...and also your truck