Array
    Status
    Eugene, Oregon
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Headers for the 2.4?

Anyone know of any aftermarket performance headers for the 2.4??? I've looked at the pacesetters and it says they fit the 2.0 and 2.6 but doesn't mention the 2.4, am I S.O.L. as far as headers go?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    SOHC 2.4 should be the same as 2.0. Check out the listings on gasket kits on ebay as a cross reference guide. This is where Mitsubishi kicks goals, cross compatible platforms...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Colt-...xX7E3G&vxp=mtr

Array
    Status
    Eugene, Oregon
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Ahhh, I see! So, then I should be able to get away with running the pacesetters then, in theory. Probably would have to go with shorties on my truck. Im pretty low to the ground and im not sure about clearance. I'm thinking about trying to bring it up about an inch or so with some new spring and then going with a larger profile tire in hopes of getting a smoother ride as she's pretty rough at the moment

Array
    Status
    Eugene, Oregon
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Nope, I lied. The pacesetters don't fit��

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    O.k. the pacesetters have a listing for the 2.0 but not the G63B? It could be for the 4G52 Astron engine (same ports and mounting studs as the 4G54). If you search headers for Mighty Max there should be something. The Gen 1's have headers but there are 2 types for the SOHC G63B (one for the truck and another that looks identical but are for the Starwagons/vans) The van ones don't fit as they foul the chassis. I'd advise you to do some careful planning with the exhaust system - take your clearances into account unless you are going to do something radical to bring the system up tight under the truck.
    Last edited by geezer101; 03-16-2018 at 05:44 PM. Reason: bad granma...

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    that header is for the 4g52 / g52b 2.0 to 1982. Look at the DG header thread on here for 2.0 headers. There is also one from Australia, but it needs modded to clear the cab on the US trucks
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    do u mig weld ?
    u can shave off the stock exhaust manifold flange
    u can find some neat factory headers on some late model engines(especially on american cars). Dirt cheap
    buy a spare for the 'bends' and hack away - lol
    built one one long ago as a fun project. Got the donors free, so I had nothin to lose
    ford ranger 2.5 look like a good base to mutilate

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I recently saw a freaking amazing bit of mech hacking. Guy with a sprite installed a Hayabusa engine in it (pronounced - "Hi! Abuse me") but couldn't get a set of headers to clear the frame. He knew guys that raced Ferraris and someone gave him a damaged set off his engine - and they were a near perfect fit.

Array
    Status
    Eugene, Oregon
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I found some that fit the 2.0 and 2.6, like I said. But now I can't seem to find them again. And no, I'm not a welder but I know a couple guys that do. It'll be a little before I start doing anything like that anyhow. I was trying to change out my collector gasket yesterday and snapped a bolt off so I'm trying to deal with that today. GOOD TIMES! lol

Array
    Status
    west valley, silicon valley, bay area, ca
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Years ago there was an ebay seller from Aus that had headers and would ship them to the US, but apparently not anymore.
    http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...for-our-Trucks
    I knew daredevils and I ain't got nothin' against them, ........it's just they're all dead.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    It's kind of weird the US trucks have exhaust clearance issues. The RHD trucks have the steering box over on the exhaust side of the engine - not a lot of room over there. So...theoretically you could use the headers off the Starwagons but would need to lengthen the second section pipes to gain floor clearance. A bit of grinding and 2 straight lengths of header pipe welded in and you'd be set to go. It wouldn't even alter the collector geometry which means no messing with jigs or bending.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    If you want headers. Look in the for sale section sticky area. There are 2 adds for headers from DG headers. The board had them made just for these trucks. 2 types. Short and full long headers to fit all the engines we have.

http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...t-design-tri-y
    http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...-shorty-header
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com