Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Poppin the hood and divin in! (1990 build)

Array
    Status
    Eugene, Oregon
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    I have the manual. I still can't get the damn cover off, I got it loose enough to work around it and I think I got it timed pretty well, it felt a lot better today. So I grounded the ecu with an alligator before starting the engine and then I timed it and removed the ground wire from the ecu plug after shutting the engine off. There's several timing marks on the timing cover, only one is marked for 10 degrees. Can anyone tell me what the other couple marks are?

Array
    Status
    Eugene, Oregon
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I got it timed to what I'm pretty sure is 7 degrees. It sounds and feels pretty good while I'm driving it. I got a fresh set of tires all the way around today, I was gonna have it aligned but it turns out I have a bent tie Ron on the passenger side which explains the horribly uneven wear on my tires, so my tie rods will be here tomorrow night, installed Wednesday morning and she'll be back on the road again

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I think all the timing increments are 5 degrees apart. Nearly there. Sounds like you are about ready for the road. So, what's next?
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Eugene, Oregon
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    She just died in the freeway last night. I tried to turn the key to start her back up and nothing happens. I don't k ow what to do now. Just spent about 800 dollars on new tires and an alignment and this happens. So frustrating.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    No sign of life from it? It's going to be something small - you'll spot it eventually. It is likely a problem that has been created by a PO (like an intermittent wiring fault)
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456