Array
    Status
    Illinois
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

4G64 Header Fitment?

Apologies in advance if this has been answered before, but I haven't been able to find the answer here, or anywhere really. Do headers that work on the 2.0/2.6L SOHC motors also work for the 2.4L?

I find a bunch of headers that are listed as fitment for the 2.0/2.6, but nothing on the 2.4. My Max is a '90 with the 2.4 and I need a header for it (not for performance or anything, the factory exhaust has actually rusted away on mine and I figure I'd just get an aftermarket header and work my way back with some spare exhaust pieces). Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    O.k. the G63B (belt drive single overhead cam 2.0) isn't the same as the 4G54 (chain driven single overhead cam 2.6). The G63B and 4G64 (2.0 and 2.4) share the same exhaust port and stud patterns so the exhaust manifolds are interchangeable. There are some mean stainless steel headers designed and being manufactured for mightyram50 but that doesn't mean that this is your only option.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    They aren't cheap but you're only buying them once, and you are definitely getting what you pay for - http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...hlight=headers

Array
    Status
    Illinois
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Thanks for the response geezer! Good to know. I'll have to check out those DG ones, very fair price.