Thread: Jet valve question

Array
    Status
    Danville, VA
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max

Jet valve question

My 87 mm has the 2.0 well my question is will the jet valves leak oil to the point where rhe plugs are oil soak and oil leak down the exhaust side off the block. If this is a problem is there away to delete these valves. If so could you tell me how to do this thanks

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    I would guess it's a combination of old hard valve seals and possibly worn guides. But I would change the valve seals to start with. It's not that much and not to hard with a compressor and the valve spring compression tool. You need to keep air pressure in the cylinder the hole time you are removing the spring and seal. You can always pull the head and do it that way. Now to remove the jet valve you need a different head.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Danville, VA
    Vehicle

Mkay thanks well ill try the valve seals hopefuly when I do that I dont lose my truck in a cloud of smoke

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T
    I think you can get a jet valve elimination kit.....lots of places sell it for the 2.6 (I imagine they have it for the 2.0 as well).....it has metal plugs that you hammer down into the jet valve hole....after removing the jet valve of course

Array
    Status
    Danville, VA
    Vehicle

Well I took the jet valves out today after I replaced the valve seal and tig up those lil holes put new o-rings on now its a lil harder to start but it dosent leak oil or smoke like a young teenager. So I guess ill run till something else breaks