Ok, so I did a search and didn't find much. I plan on ditching the clutch fan for an electric on my 89 ram 50 with the 2.6l. I know how to install one, I just had a few questions for the guys that have. I have only done this on v8s that were already making near 300whp or better, never to an engine that made less than 100hp to the wheels. Most of the engines I've done this to, you can't tell much of a difference power wise.

My question, to anyone that has went electric, did you notice a power or fuel efficiency difference?

Also, did you upgrade the alternator? If so, what route did you take? I understand these are super low amperage alternators from the factory, like 40 amps or something silly. The fan on my race car draws about 25-30 amps at full speedand has a 220amp alternator. Lol The fan I have, and planed on using, draws 12amps.
I have the factory alternator from my race car (95 cobra), which is 130 amps, and has an internal regulator. I was thinking I could make a custom bracket and put the alt where the a.c. compressor goes. Any pros/cons or anything I need to lookout for specific to these trucks?

Thanks again!