Array
    Status
    Raeford, NC
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G63

87 Ram 50 clutch issues

Gents, I have an 87 Ram 50 with the 2.0 liter. So far, I have replaced the radiator, water pump, timing belt, belts, radiator hoses, heater hoses and pipe. This week, I tackled the flywheel and clutch disc. Had a few issues lining the transmission back up to the engine block but I got it all back together and it drives. I had a headache with the stupid little ball bearing for the back up light sensor in the transmission but figured that out thanks to you all. I do have a problem though. The clutch pedal is really soft. I can shift gears without issues yet it doesn't have much resistance to my foot. I did replace the release bearing when I replaced the clutch disc and reused the return clips that held it on the release shaft. I played with the cable adjustment and it didn't resolve the issue. I don't want to drop the transmission again but it looks like I am running out of options. I am thinking something is off with the release bearing. Any advice or guidance is appreciated. Pics of the truck below. Apologies for the sideways view. They are cell phone pics.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I think that, unless you have a slipping clutch, pedal travel issue or a gear engagement issue, your clutch is fine. They are pretty snappy in these trucks and feel like the clutch pedal is on a rubber band or something. The firewall around the clutch cable is a little on the 'iffy' side and will flex like crazy if you put a HD clutch in it (to the point where the sheet metal can crack).

Array
    Status
    Raeford, NC
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G63
    I appreciate the feedback. I'll roll with it then and see what happens.