Array
    Status
    Kellogg, Idaho
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64

New issue in Idaho

So I have the 2.4l running but it will only start when cold with starting fluid. once warmed up it starts easily. I still have the bad idle. Today I checked the ICV servo and it is bad. no resistance nor movement with a 6v battery. Can I buy just the servo so I don't have to spend $289 for the whole thing. If this is bad will it effect the starting. I think the problem is the injectors are not suppling fuel in start up. Is there any alternative to using a different idle control sensor. This year is the only one with a $300 sensor.
    Alos I have the 4wd lights working but there is one light not coming on. Is there sup[pose to be a light on when it is in 2wd?

Array
    Status
    Kellogg, Idaho
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Ok toay the ICV cme in and i intaled it. i couldn' get the ruck to start until i used startng fluid but after it stated it idled fine and I was able to set the timing and adjust the idle. it starts right up when it is warm but does't want to start when it is cold.

Array
    Status
    Kellogg, Idaho
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Last Night I typed the post on my tablet and the blue tooth keyboard is glitchy. It's not that I can't spell truck.

This morning I tried to start it and no go. Just won't start when it is cold and sat over night.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Have you had a look at the throttle position sensor ?
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    Could be ecu temp sensor is no good. They tend to give a poor idle when they go

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    +1 on the temp sensor being faulty. Seems to be a common culprit with no starts and poor idle issues.

Array
    Status
    Kellogg, Idaho
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Order a new temp sensor should get it tomorrow.

Array
    Status
    Kellogg, Idaho
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Installed the temp sensor today and it really didn't change anything. what ever it is i know will be simple when I find it. Tonight it wouldn't start again so I just kepp trying and after 4 or 5 minutes it finally fired up. I drove it down the freeway today and it seem to run comfortably about 60 to 65 mph. felt like more that that was pushing it. then i heard a bang in the rear and slowed down to 35 and drove it home. All seems OK but that sure scared me. thought i blew thr rear end but when I got home I tried 2wd and it drove fine so we'll see what happens next.

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    Did you get the ecu sender rather than the gauge sender? Bang is odd. Do you have a cat converter. Perhaps the inside has collapsed and it's choking the exhaust

Array
    Status
    Kellogg, Idaho
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    I got the correct sensor, it has 2 wires not 1. The battery ground at the frame is really rusty so tonight I'm going to replase the ground cable and clean it. I think the sound is coming from the rear end.