Array
    Status
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

New Weber Carb Throttle Linkage issues

Hello everyone. I gave up on rebuilding my mikuni carb and purchased a Redline Weber 32/36 DFEV for my 1989 ram 50, 2.0 auto trans. And this week I heard my old truck for the first time in almost a year! That was a good feeling. But here comes my issue and sorry in advance if it's already been covered, I have searched around the forum.

It seems like the throttle linkage doesn't have enough tension? It will not return. I tried giving the throttle cable plenty of slack, but the linkage wont return unless you move it manually. Also I noticed when pressing the gas pedal, there is very little resistance. it's so strange feeling. The throttle lever was assembled when it came to me. I didn't notice any binding or anything before installing the carb, but this is all new to me really. I did check the throttle shaft nut, and it wasn't much more than hand tight, like the instructions say. I haven't done the timing yet, I figured I should address this first. Thanks for any information or clues on how to solve this!

Array
    Status
    Palominas, Arizona
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Unbend the lock tab and back the nut off a little. Now finger tighten to 5 finger pounds. Bend the tab back. Mine wouldn't return completely either. It was just hanging up the tiniest amount but it was still about300 rpm

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    you also need to add a throttle return spring - it will not return completely without one.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980