Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

g63b header from pacesetter

While I was at SEMA this week, I stopped at the Pacesetter booth and asked about how many header orders would they need to make them for us. They stated that it would require 15 -20 for them to make a run of them - they still have the specs and tooling, but need that many to make it worth their while. I did not talk price, as it is going to depend on price. If this is going to happen, I will need firm, up front cash before a commitment to have them made will be made to Pacesetter. I will talk to them about price once I know if there is sufficient interest in the headers. So, how many of you are interested in the g63b header - this should also work on the 4g64 as they are both paired port headers?
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    I am interested.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    No offense, even if you had all the people from the past sites that would be willing to put money down right now, I still doubt you'd get enough people for it. But who knows maybe I'll be wrong, BUMP.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    None taken - just putting it out there. I know how these things work - lots of tire kickers, no buyers.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    NE
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Im interested if it does fit the 4g64

Array
    Status
    Gresham Oregon
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge D-50
    Hey i am definetly interested

Array
    Status
    Rock Hill, SC
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    I am interested! That's awesome.

Array
    Status
    Anderson, SC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Was just searching for a manifold. Is this what you've been looking for?
    http://www.discountexhaustsystems.co...universal:0%29

In case that very long link doesn't work:
    Pacesetter Headers - Black, Mild steel, 4-1, Direct OE replacement
    1986 Dodge Ram 50 Custom 4 Cyl 2.0L -- PACESETTER HEADER, STEEL, BLACK, SOLD INDIVIDUALLY -- For off road use - Not legal for use on public roads and highways; 1.5 in. tube diameter, 16-gauge tube wall thickness, 2.5 in. flange collector, 0.375 in. standard head flange; Gaskets, hardware, illustrated instructions, and header extension included to connect to stock system; Full-length style; Round head port; Easy-to-clean; Features mandrel-bent mild steel primary tubing that is black-painted to reduce under hood temperature and to resist rust and corrosion; Significantly boosts performance and increase engine efficiency; No smog or engine management hook-ups; Fabrication may be required; Fits cylinder heads with evenly spaced exhaust ports; Not legal for use on catalyst-equipped vehicles except for racing vehicles which may not be operated on a highway; Pre-catalyst vehicles must use original emission control devices; It is the responsibility of the customer to reinstall these devices on the vehicle.
    Availability: In Stock
    Part Number: P40701020
    Finish: Black
    Material: Mild steel
    Type: Direct OE replacement
    Quantity Sold: Sold individually
    Warranty: 3-year Pacesetter warranty
    Design: 4-1

Fit Note: USA Built Vehicle

Fits 1986 Dodge Ram 50 Custom 4 Cyl 2.0L

1986: Custom; All Engines;

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    why would a header not be legal for use on public roads and highways......... its just another version of an exhaust manifold.That's like saying "this Grant steering wheel is not legal for use on public roads."

Array
    Status
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    "No smog or engine management hook-ups"

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Its not been tested by the CARB for emissions - its a requirement for aftermarket parts so the manufacturer doesn't get sued or cited for the part. BTW the part pictured is the evenly spaced header and the part number is for the same - it will not fit the paired port 2.0 / 2.4 motors. I have both headers and they are totally different.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    As a Former Owner of a Pacesetter Header I was displeased. poor quality. I had to port match mine and have the flange re-welded to eliminate leaks.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I agree - they require rework to have them fit and seal, and may require rewelding to the flange to stay together. The early ones were OK, the newer ones are real bad. When I posted this, I just wanted to let people know they are available; I never said they were great headers. I had sold blindeyed a custom 2.4 header he took to see about getting made, but the first person he took it to wanted 400 per header to make them - way too much for the little gain on a stock or mildly modified motor.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    RAdelaide South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type
    Hey guys I know this is an old thread but i just found this site and joined!

Here in AUS theres a company called Pacemaker. They started making extractors for Chrysler 265 hemi's and V8's in the late 70s
    BUT seeing as mitsubishi started as Chrysler Australia here, they begain making them for 1600 saturns, 2ltr and 2.6ltr astrons, 4g63 and i think 64's
    They still make them, about $300 AUD but theyre some of the best on the market.

Ive had mine for more than 10yrs and they have survived 2 blocks and 3 engine rebuilds.
    Apart from cleaning and the odd paint job, theyre bullit proof.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    do they have one for the g63b paired port header - thats the one people need here. I have one that I will be sending out to be reproduced.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    RAdelaide South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type
    RIMG1048.jpgThese yeah? mind the rust, ist been about 5 years since ive pulled them out and painted them.
    these are the Pacemakers
    My local has a few spare il ask if you like.
    Heres another set, seem pretty cheap but ive never used themhttp://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mitsubish...item2a22d39efc
    cut l200.jpg
    This is my daily slut

<<<<< EDIT >>>>>
    Sorry but removing the double posts below removed the thumbnail photos. There there just ya need to click them. Not sure what happened. Sorry guys my bad.
    <<<<< EDIT >>>>>
    WTF now there back. I think I know what happened. Since he is a new user it got picked up in the spam system. It was showing up there after I tried to fix things. Oh well it's all there now. What ever...
    Last edited by camoit; 09-19-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Now thats a header worthy of using - its a copy of the doug thorley tri-y for the 2.0 paired port. too bad the shipping is probably more than the header - i'm sure he won't ship it to the US for that price.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread but a vendor on eBay said he could get paired port Aussie "extractors" to the US for about $300 shipped. Has anyone tried these on a 2.0 or 2.6? I wonder if the stock header even that restrictive and if this is a worthwhile part to try.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    See this thread, we cover all the problems. http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...w-design-tri-y
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I have the Thorley TRI Y that JB sold. I have the original one I bought back in the day but chrome really didn't last. I purchased another one bare and had John drop ship it to JetHot for coating. Still looks great but cost a ton to do this way.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Thats what we have built. Just it's all new and much cleaner. We used my D. T. as a pattern and sent the heads of the paired port and spread port to be laser scanned for the CNC plate so porting is minimized on our end, and everything is Tig welded, no mig. We can also build them in stainless. One major thing is we don't protrude the pipe through the header plate like the D.T. and Pacesetter does. So we weld it on the inside and outside. After it's built, it's milled flat.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    New Bern, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I need a set of headers for my 2.4L MM since mine are cracked. I am interested tho. You say the seller will ship to US for USD$300? (since he's an AU seller on AUeBay) I can't do it yet but I'd like to soon.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    So why would you buy one from Australia, have it shipped to here, and hope the quality is up to your standard? Just from the picture I can see they used a plasma cutter on the header plate, they used a pipe bender to make the bends, and mig welded it. There not a mandrel bend, you can see the deformation. Is it port matched to the gasket? At least with the ones we have had built for the board. You have some kind idea of what you will get. It also looks like they used the same size pipe at the end. so thats already to small.

A34320.jpg

Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    New Bern, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    "Stage 1: Mild steel with formed collectors for $500.00, plus s&h (as pictured in previous thread)."

That's why. $300 shipped and direct bolt on for those. With the first ones I'd need to drive it to a muffler shop with an open header to have the exhaust flanges and such welded to it. I'm selling the truck when my diesel is finished I'd prefer to have the exhaust leak fixed. If I intended to keep it I'd be after the forum headers. Plus it's not my only truck, I've got to repair multiple vehicles. I've wanted exhaust for my sentra for years which is about $660. Just over what those headers cost and that car takes priority since it's my daily. Working on a budget :p

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Well why didn't you say you were going to sell it. I was thinking you were doing a full build truck. You should just weld up the cracks and a new gasket. If it's the stock manifold mig it with argon and it will be fine. You can stop drill the cracks and it will last for years. Or tell you sell it.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast