Array
    Status
    Kellogg, Idaho
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64

90 ram 50 in North Idaho

Ok I'm the guy posting all the questions about wires and ECM, icm and everything. I bought the truck for $350 and am in it now about $1000. It is completly back together with a new computer, relays, interior, clutch. I fnally have spark at all cylinders and have had a couple of thimes it tried to start but weakly. I have no way to get any information from the owner as I bought it through a 3rd party. I discovered today that the timing belt was off by watching a youtube provided on the site. With everything lined up the cam gear was 90 degrees off. Still won't start but acted more like it wanted to. Here is the newest issue. with every thing in place and at TDC the timing marks on the flywheel are about 3 inches before the marks on the cover. I took a photo but don't know how to attach it. All timing marks are where they should be and the lifters move so should the marke be before the indicators on the cover

Array
    Status
    New Zealand
    Vehicle

1981 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

Other
    Thumb over spark plug 1 hole to find when it's on its compression stroke, then move it to tdc.
    Check the inlet valve closes as you do this and that when you rock it just past tdc that the exhaust begins to open

Array
    Status
    Kellogg, Idaho
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    thanks, do you remove the valvecover our try to go through the oil fil hole.

Array
    Status
    Earth, the Solar System
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by bitrootvz View Post
    thanks, do you remove the valvecover our try to go through the oil fil hole.
    It's only two bolts might as well.

Array
    Status
    Kellogg, Idaho
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Tonight is the big night. I cleaned the injectors and bench checked them and they all work so I'll put them in and see if it will start. I know the pump works because my wife tried starting it while I held the rail and it blew #4 injector out of the rail. I got spark and gas to the rail so if the injectors are all cleaned and working and it still doesn't start then it has to be timing or computer although I just reset the timing and installed a new computer.

We'll see.

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    Yours the V6? What part of Idaho?

Array
    Status
    Kellogg, Idaho
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    2.4l, i'm in the pan handle Kellogg. Got bit running tonight with starting fluid. If I pump the gas for 5 minutes it starts and runs Dr appt then dies. That's where I'm at for now.

Array
    Status
    Kellogg, Idaho
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    it's running, i drove it around the block. the idle is eratic but it seemsto run ok. now i have to adjust the clutch and figureout why the gears are so far apart