Array
    Status
    Killeen, Texas
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

Power rear window

I have a 1989 MM Macrocab and came up with a idea for a modification. I was thinking it would be cool to reach on my dash and push a button and roll my rear window down with power. Was wondering if anybody has attempted this yet or not?Also wondering what you all think of this idea?

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    It has been done in Toyotas for years, and could be done in your macrocab. Toyota owners use a power window from the tailgate of a 4 runner to make the mod - you may have to adjust the opening for it to work on your truck.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    You'd need to cut the rear out of the cab and have all the channelling welded in. You'll lose a chunk of space to accommodate the retracted window and you will need to factor in drain holes so rain run-off has somewhere to go. Big endeavour but it will be a cool mod to pull off.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I didn't say it would be easy - I don't know if you can still access the articles in Minitruckinweb.com to see how it was done, but if you can, it should help you decide if you want to go that route.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    this has already been done its on you Utube

same concept .

https://youtu.be/EszwOZ-hmWc

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    That is a C.R.Lawrence power window kit. I was talking about the whole window going up and down, like a 70's station wagon.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    You could use the tailgate from the 4Runner, cut the tailgate chassis from the tailgate, remove the anchor for the slider from the window and glue it to another cab glass that is slightly bigger than the Gen 2 glass. You'd need to cut up the glass channeling and shape it to the glass (you'll lose some of the glass area due to the mechanism track being attached to the bottom of the glass) and weld it all in. Take into the account that the glass on the 4Runner may be on a steeper travel angle and it may intrude a lot into the cab to adapt it. Take a field trip to a JY and look for power tailgate glass on something that is closer in size and angle to the rear cab of your Gen 2.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    *Just realised you wouldn't be able to weld the tailgate lower chassis into the cab. It would be the only access point to install the glass (it'll be a PITA to assemble/remove in one piece but you wouldn't be planning on doing it often)

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    a disappearing power window would be soooo cool! Windows down ventilation 'should' be tops
    if its a single thing i HATE about a regular cab pickup, is no room behind the seat
    I keep thinking about pirating another gen2, to build my own 4 door version
    Not like I don't have the skills... but then the truck would then, have to become a keeper. Perfect for my needs tho
    Wont have that dorky looking 'shortened' bed like the oem mitsu 4door, but proportioned like modern crew cabs