Array
    Status
    Lexingtion, North Carolina
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63

Upgrading Questions

Hey guys, I'm somewhat new to the Mighty Max, and currently in the process of doing a rebuild on my engine. I just have a few questions when it comes to doing upgrades to the truck.

I wanna go turbo, and i just wanna know whats the best overall kit to do this. Its the stock motor just undergoing a rebuild.

Best lowering options? I know that its a coil and leaf spring suspension so a lowering kit is the only 'proper' way to go, no coilovers is saddening. Already sitting on cut springs.

Possible disc brake conversion?

And lastly, what are the best seats to put in the truck? I wanna go proper racing seats with a harness eventually, but for the time I wanna know the best bucket seats that i could possibly find in a junkyard.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. You are in luck - well, sorta. The Mitsubishi Starion (Conquest/Starquest) was fitted with single cam G63B turbo engines from factory. Catch is - this is in Australia and countries outside of the US. You'd need to source all the ancillary stuff to make it work. Better option is using a 4G63 twin cam turbo engine. A few mods are required to make it work for RWD but it has been done plenty of times - and it'll not only bolt up to your transmission but make a ton more power.

As for suspension it's limited to what kind of coin you want to spend. Modified S10 coil-over front shocks will work but once again require a few mods to make it mount up. I got a suspicion that Mustang II coil-overs will work as well will mods. You could go for a rear 4 link suspension set up (again that'll depend on your budget) but blocks and U shackles work (add a helper spring). Seats? If you can use a tape measure and can cut square steel tube for seat rails you can make almost any seat you like fit. WRX seats look trick if you want that racing style look. We have a member who has used seats from a Polaris ATV which look pretty wild too. Another member has the leather seats from a Ram in theirs which look kinda classy. Another has gone all out and basically fitted all the forward cabin from an Evo in their truck - just freaking amazing.