Array
    Status
    Dover, De
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Ram50 will not start

Went out to start my truck the other morning (1992 Ram 50 2.4L automatic 4WD) and when i went to turn the key nothing happened.. Battery has 12.4 V and tried hitting the starter but still nothing. I'm thinking it may be a starter relay but not sure where its located on this truck. Manual says its by the drivers feet next to the hood release cable but theres no relays there, at least not ones that match the description in the book.. The clicking sound sounds like its coming from behind glove box and also a clicking sound in engine bay. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Thanks

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Check your battery levels. Even if you have 12v, your cranking amps may be weak. Also check your ground leads. Dirty grounds will cause current and voltage drops as well. Take the anchor bolts out of the main grounds in the engine bay, degrease the connections and scrub them with steel wool. Look for sulphation/corrosion in the leads and make sure the battery terminals are in good shape. If the relays are rattling it normally means they are still working but there is an intermittent fault somewhere in the circuit.

Array
    Status
    redding ca
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    try putting the gear selector in neutral then try starting it and if that dont work put it back in park and try.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by finalfighter View Post
    try putting the gear selector in neutral then try starting it and if that dont work put it back in park and try.
    Faulty transmission park switch - a definite possibility also. Good spotting

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    also known as neutral safety switch. It could be out of adjustment, not bad as well.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980